cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load sqljdbc4.jar driver in PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm facing an issue while loading the jdbc adapter (sqljdbc4.jar) with the SUM in PI 7.4.  I downloaded the driver from Download Microsoft JDBC Driver 4.0 for SQL Server from Official Microsoft Download Center and followed the steps in note 1138877 - How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters, for the deploy.

Checking note 1829286 - PI: How to check which drivers are installed for the JMS and JDBC Adapters, I see that the loaded driver is not the one I'm trying to load.

The SDA I used to load the driver is the SAPXI3RDPARTY06_0-20009965 (com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda)

Anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks in advance,

Jesus Rodriguez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please post the error that you are getting while deploying the driver?

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your JDBC adapter shown in communication channel?

I have deployed JDBC driver(sqljdbc4.jar) according tohttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b4a020-4ae6-2c10-5a95-fed4ad9a4... .

Driver deployed successfully and I have checked it in folder \usr\sap\xxx\DVEBMGS30\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\com.sap.aii.adapter.lib\lib and it's found ok. But this adapter type  not showing in Communication Channel only RFC and SOAP are showing there. I have restarted the server also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please detail what exists in the provider.xml file within the com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda?
Which driver do you see in the NWA?

Kind regards,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

In the provider.xml I have registered the following files:

<jars>

<jar-name>lib/com.sap.aii.adapter.lib_api.jar</jar-name>

<jar-name>lib/sqljdbc4.jar</jar-name>

</jars>

And in NWA I see the sqljdbc.jar,  because I first loaded this driver but it didn't work.

Regards,

Jesus R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesus,

Please force deploy the SDA. The driver is not successfully deployed or has no effect post deployment. Therefore, you still see sqljdbc.jar in NWA. Alternatively, you can use a different mode of deployment from your existing methodology. Refer note # 1138877.

As per your description the SDA seems to be correct. It will help if you share the exact error/exception message which you receive.

Regards,

Rohit Agarwal.