cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0, SOAP web service with basic authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a mapping between SOAP web service and OData using SMP 3.0 Integration gateway. Now I want to extend it just a bit with more realistic scenario. SOAP web service requires basic authentication - user must provide user name and a password to connect to the backend. I assume that I can configure this connection somehow in SMP. I tried with destination, connection, but it still does not work.

Can you tell me how to store user/password in SMP for SOAP web service in the backend?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187069
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a mapping between SOAP web service and OData using SMP 3.0 Integration gateway.

Do you mean that you have created OData models by creating Entities and  EntitySets and created a service out of it?

Have you tested it using any REST Client? To just register and get data you can check the "Anonymous" option while creating and application in SMP 3.0 Admin console.

We are also facing the same issue. It is given in one SAP Note that "creating destinations is not needed for SOAP web service". Pl let us know incase you have got some solution to this.

Thanks