cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Size Issue for Syclo Smart Service Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Syclo Smart Service Manager and have made some screens in android platform.

The issue is earlier I was using a Panasonic tablet which was auto fitting the screens according to the screen size of the device.

But now we have ported the application to a new Motorola tablet.

If we keep the screen height same then the lower fields are getting cropped .

If we increase the screen height then then a vertical scroll bar appears in the screen and we have to perform scrolling on the screeen to view all fields.

Is there any way that this issue can be fixed and screen adjusts itself on the device as a best fit view.

Thanks

Star Grover

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm what version of Agentry you are using, and also, what platform for both devices, as I know both companies run both Windows or Android on the device.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

We are using agentry version 6.0.30.5 on Smart Service Mnager 3.

Also we are using Android Large platform for Panasonic device and Android Normal platform for Motorola device.

Kindly let me know if there is any workaround for this problem.

Thanks

Star

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Star,

Have you turned on detailed logs and confirmed the platform selection from the Motorola is being detected as Android Normal versus Android Large for the Panasonic?

Depending on the screen size / resolution differences, you may need to adjust the screen for the Android Normal device to re-layout fields since it will be unable to display the same amount of information as the Android Large device.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes we tried to run the motorola device in android large platform first but it was not able to detect it.

Then we changed the platfom to android normal for motorola device and we got the screens.

The screen size difference between the two devices is not much so it is ambiguous why they are working for two different platforms.

They should both ideally work on same platform as they have almost the same dimensions.

But still is there any way that we dont have to readjust the fields and they fit automatically in the new devie.

It will be too much time consuming and hazardous task to readjust each and every screen.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Star

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though they may be close the same size doesn't mean they at the OS they have the same OS Screen Size.  I would check to see if you can get a small little application that can show what screen size they have.

Stephen Streeter