Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Profile Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have a requirement in office..

I have made  sorting profile 1. Source Storage Type 2. Source Bin. and allocated sort profile to TO split Profile.

Now will TO split should happen when Source Storage is changed ??.

I have kept RAW storage type as Source and 916 as destination with 601 movement. with sort profile PROF1 also put another storage type RMX as source and *** as destination for 601 mvment and allocated same sort profile but still To didnt split while picking from diffrent storage types....

Then what is significance of sorting profile ......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please maintain VLTYP as first (SType) and KOBER as second (picking area) in Sorting Profile as number 2 for ex. Specify the other profile for the actual sorting - e.g. number 3.

If you don't want to split by KOBER you have a check box in Split Profile to exclude it.
Enter the values of your split and sort profiles in Split Profile settings.

If you need some special splitting criteria, like grouping more storage types in one TO based on the specific requirements, you need to do it in user exit - include ZXLTOU18.

That is fairly easy to do as a matter of fact.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo

Can you please explain step by step how to go about and also can I put *** as source and 916 as destination for 601 movement???

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, please put *** as source and 916 as destination.

The other thing to do is create two sorting profiles:
1) With VLTYP - storage type field, you will use it as a split profile, let's say you name it profile no. 1
2) The other one used for sorting - not splitting- name it number 2 and give it e.g. sort by LGTYP, LGPLA... Storage type, storage bin.

Now assign those profiles to your Split Profile settings. For split profile use 1, for sort profile use 2. Uncheck option to split by picking area if you don't need it.

If you can't make it work I'll share ABAP code to put into ZXLTOU18 include which can easily get you the result you want.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many items do you have in your TO?

TO split means that SAP splits a single TO with many items into many TOs, it does not mean that SAP splits an item into several items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Thanks for your reply, but We are having 40 line items from 3 storage types......I believe that sorting will happen first on storage type basis ....and to will split for different storage types.. Am i right

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need a meaningful sort sequence,

this sequence has either the same or more fields as used in the TO split

The split is made when the TO values of the fields used in the split criteria are changing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

So you mean that as I have made Source Storage Type as 1st criteria and source Bin as 2nd so if the My TO line items will have diffrent storage type or Bins the Split should happen,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Please reply on my last query