cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering service on mulitple clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a scenario where I have different clients on a system. The Netweaver system is added as an add on. I can do development in one client, testing on another client and configuration a third client. On the test client where the data exists when I run the service, the registration status says that it has been registered from a different client. And on running the service it gives me an error no system alias found. However, I am not allowed to make any changes in the testing client.

Can anyone help me with how can I test my service?

Regards,

Dhruv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies guys. However, my situation is a little different, the system aliases are already maintained in the test client but I am unable to make any changes to the repository. This means that I cannot add system aliases or change the service. I was able to get the configuration through a transport. However my service is available without any transport from development to test client.

So in short I develop in my one client and test on another client. But when I try to test the service it says that it is registered from different client and no system aliases are assigned to it.

Let me know if there are any other solutions I can try.

Regards,

Dhruv

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhruv,

You should be able to create system aliases in your test system. Since System aliases point to other systems in the same environment ( Example: Development Gateway server talks with Development ECC, Quality Gateway talks with Quality ECC and Production gateway works with Production ECC), you should be able to create System aliases in each Gateway server.

Below document by Andreas  mentions how to create system alias in Production. It should be valid for your test system as well.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruv,

I don't have a multiple client system to test this on, but I would expect it to work as follows.

The 'alias' is a reference to a destination maintained in SM59. The one set up for Gateway is normally the same client where development happens. The client is part of the login credentials for the destination.

In order to log in to a different BEP client, create an identical destination, except for the name (can't be the same) and client (needs to be the one you want!).

Now create a GW alias for that destination.

Assign the new alias to the service and make it the default.

Hope that works for you.

Regards

Ron.

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, you can see system aliases.

Click on Add System Aliases button which will open below screen,

Click on new entry. copy existing one and change SAP System alias with the SAP client to which you want to register and make it as default system.

Regards,

Chandra