Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface not getting passed to NW BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Greetings of the day.

We have an SAP to Webservice async scenario, through the NW BPM.

We are facing an issue in sending the trigger message (interface to BPM is XI 3.0 compatible) from SAP to the NW BPM. We are getting the following error.

Message could not be processed.Reason: com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.ESPXISystemFaultException: Error encountered during processing of XI request message in inbound ESP; Hint: com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessException: Technical difficulties were experienced during process execution.

We are getting this the error when I am testing the functionality through WSNavigator or SOAP UI. (In actual scenario ABAP proxy will send the message to NW BPM).

I have tried testing the BPM from the Netweaver Admin and process is going into BPM. I can see the Interface which will be triggered first in the BPM, in the message monitoring.

Request your expertise in overcoming the error for triggering the BPM.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Self solved the issue. There were multiple references to the trigger message. Deleting the existing and recreating a new one solved the issue.

Thank you Frank for all your inputs.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ajay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello, I was getting the same error and solved it by re-starting de BPM development component (DC) in deployment view of NWDS.

Seems like another dev shut it down and forgot to start it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay,

I am facing a similar issue. There was no recent change in design of the BPM.

Some messages for the BPM were found stuck in error & we checked that the status of the nodes in Process adapter for BPM components in NWA was in error state with "Some components are missing" error.

Once the components were restarted they went into running status.

But some of the messages were not getting processed even after trying to resend.

Could you please share the steps in details that you had done to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay,

I am facing the same issue. My BPM was working earlier but since i changed the flow it has started giving me this error. Can you please let me know what have you done exactly to get rid of this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Resolved this issue by self..there was nothing wrong with the BPM or the interfaces but still giving this issue. Got the system restarted and NWBPM was working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

you normally get the error message if there was an error in the processes before the process could be started. In general these error turn up in locations that are processed at the start of the process instance like:

• Expressions in Lanes and Pools (e.g. Potential Owner, Excluded Owner),
  • Expressions in the Output Mapping of the Start Message
  • Missing mandatory fields in the mapping from the Start Message to the Process Context (e.g. mapping a node with cardinality 0..1 to a node with cardinality 1..1)

Have a look at the developer traces in NWA (Troubleshooting => Logs and Traces => Log Viewer) and select the view developer traces (View => Open View ... => Developer Traces)

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thank you for responding....

I have checked the cardinality in output mapping of trigger message. They seem fine. Also there are no expressions in the output mapping, they are just 1 to 1 map..

I have gone through the log and I think this may be a possible error:

Caused by: com.sap.glx.core.kernel.api.CancelTransitionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Generator skipped on service ***********_0/pr/pm/Trigger_Message' operation '

In my trigger event, in the output mapping I am just storing the interface data on to a variable and initializing 2 integer variables, which act as counters.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

That looks very much like the problem. The real source is hidden deep in the stack trace though. What are the remaining 87 lines in the trace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Here is the Trace:

P.S: I have just replace the interface/product names with *

process()

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessException: Technical difficulties were experienced during process execution.

at com.sap.glx.adapter.app.ucon.UnifiedConnectivityAdapter.invokeProvisionedMethod(UnifiedConnectivityAdapter.java:1010)

at com.sap.glx.adapter.app.ucon.wsprov.GalaxyImplementationContainer.invokeMethod(GalaxyImplementationContainer.java:109)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.server.runtime.RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.process0(RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.java:710)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.server.runtime.OnewaySyncProcessor.process(OnewaySyncProcessor.java:24)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.server.runtime.RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.preProcess(RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.java:659)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.server.runtime.RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.process(RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.java:322)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.server.runtime.RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.process(RuntimeProcessingEnvironment.java:245)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.xi.impl.ESPXIMessageProcessorImpl.process(ESPXIMessageProcessorImpl.java:38)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.esp.ESP_XI_MessageAdapter.invokeXI2ESPProcessor(ESP_XI_MessageAdapter.java:430)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.sbeans.esp.xiproxies.AsyncInvokeWSInterfaceIn_PortTypeImpl.asyncInvokeWSInterfaceIn(AsyncInvokeWSInterfaceIn_PortTypeImpl.java:24)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.sbeans.esp.xiproxies.AsyncInvokeWSInterfaceIn_PortTypeBean$1.operate(AsyncInvokeWSInterfaceIn_PortTypeBean.java:76)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.esp.ThrottlerImpl.execute(ThrottlerImpl.java:30)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.sbeans.esp.xiproxies.AsyncInvokeWSInterfaceIn_PortTypeBean.invokeMethod(AsyncInvokeWSInterfaceIn_PortTypeBean.java:82)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1285.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(RequestInvocationContext.java:47)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:166)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatesTransition.invoke(Interceptors_StatesTransition.java:19)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:179)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Resource.invoke(Interceptors_Resource.java:50)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:179)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatefulTransactionAssociation.invoke(Interceptors_StatefulTransactionAssociation.java:45)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:191)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatefulSessionInstanceGetter.invoke(Interceptors_StatefulSessionInstanceGetter.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.doWorkWithAttribute(Interceptors_Transaction.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.invoke(Interceptors_Transaction.java:21)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_SecurityCheck.invoke(Interceptors_SecurityCheck.java:25)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.invoke(Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.java:17)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startChain(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:138)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:164)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy3334.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.XmlProxyJ2EE.parallelWSCall(XmlProxyJ2EE.java:649)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.XmlProxyJ2EE.call(XmlProxyJ2EE.java:147)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.XmlProxy$ProxyBeanCaller.call(XmlProxy.java:206)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.XmlProxy.processRequest(XmlProxy.java:181)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.XmlInbound.processRequestMessage(XmlInbound.java:115)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.XmlInbound.processMessage(XmlInbound.java:78)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.sbeans.JPRBean.onMessage(JPRBean.java:156)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1281.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(RequestInvocationContext.java:47)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:166)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatesTransition.invoke(Interceptors_StatesTransition.java:19)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Resource.invoke(Interceptors_Resource.java:50)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatefulTransactionAssociation.invoke(Interceptors_StatefulTransactionAssociation.java:45)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:191)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatefulSessionInstanceGetter.invoke(Interceptors_StatefulSessionInstanceGetter.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.doWorkWithAttribute(Interceptors_Transaction.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.invoke(Interceptors_Transaction.java:21)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_SecurityCheck.invoke(Interceptors_SecurityCheck.java:25)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.invoke(Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.java:17)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startChain(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:138)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:164)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy3350.onMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.spi.ServicesImpl.deliver(ServicesImpl.java:362)

at com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.ms.XIEventHandler.onDeliver(XIEventHandler.java:1098)

at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.core.queue.consumer.ReceiveConsumer.processMessage(ReceiveConsumer.java:282)

at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.core.queue.consumer.ReceiveConsumer.onMessage(ReceiveConsumer.java:76)

at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.core.queue.Queue.run(Queue.java:1031)

at com.sap.engine.messaging.runtime.MSWorkWrapper.run(MSWorkWrapper.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:185)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:302)

Caused by: com.sap.glx.core.kernel.api.TransitionRollbackException: Exception during prepare, rolling back

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransactionBase.rollback(AbstractTransactionBase.java:701)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransaction.do_prepare(AbstractTransaction.java:196)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransaction.commit(AbstractTransaction.java:77)

at com.sap.glx.adapter.app.ucon.UnifiedConnectivityAdapter.invokeProvisionedMethod(UnifiedConnectivityAdapter.java:976)

... 77 more

Caused by: com.sap.glx.core.kernel.api.CancelTransitionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Generator skipped on service '************_0/pr/pm/Trigger_Message' operation '**************_Async_In'

at com.sap.glx.core.internaladapter.ExceptionAdapter.raiseException(ExceptionAdapter.java:702)

at com.sap.glx.core.internaladapter.ExceptionAdapter.raiseException(ExceptionAdapter.java:672)

at com.sap.glx.core.internaladapter.Transformer$ExceptionProvider.createTransitionException(Transformer.java:625)

at com.sap.glx.core.internaladapter.Transformer$TransformerTemplateAccessor$GeneratorTemplate$GeneratorInvocationHandler.invoke(Transformer.java:2992)

at com.sap.glx.core.internaladapter.Transformer$TransformerInvocationHandler.invoke(Transformer.java:3605)

at com.sap.glx.core.dock.impl.DockObjectImpl.invokeMethod(DockObjectImpl.java:657)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.trigger.config.Script$MethodInvocation.execute(Script.java:248)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.trigger.config.Script.execute(Script.java:798)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.execution.transition.ScriptTransition.execute(ScriptTransition.java:78)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.execution.transition.Transition.commence(Transition.java:196)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.PrimaryTransaction.inPrepare(PrimaryTransaction.java:162)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransaction.do_prepare(AbstractTransaction.java:194)

... 79 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Generator skipped on service '***************_0/pr/pm/Trigger_Message' operation '*************_Async_In'

at com.sap.glx.core.internaladapter.Transformer$TransformerTemplateAccessor$GeneratorTemplate$GeneratorInvocationHandler.generate(Transformer.java:2971)

at com.sap.glx.core.internaladapter.Transformer$TransformerTemplateAccessor$GeneratorTemplate$GeneratorInvocationHandler.invoke(Transformer.java:2986)

... 87 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

the stack trace you're looking at is the one from PI. We're interested in the one from BPM. If you select the PI trace click on Related Logs => By request. This will give you all log entries related to the request. Ultimately you're looking for something like this:

In this example I had a process that called an EJB during initialization. As you can see, I get  the same exception you get (the first one in the square) but this was cause by the exception before and the root cause is the warning before that which complains about the null property in my EJB.

So look in the logs for related entries (Related Logs => By request), there have to be more BPM related exceptions that will show you the root cause for the exception raise by PI.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Very Good Morning.

This is screen print of the entire log, from the related log-By Request. Please see the issue and let me know if you require any particular trace.

Thank you for all your support.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

this doesn't look like there is an error in the process. Maybe the interface definition in the Trigger of the Start Event doesn't match the interface definition in PI?

Perhaps the definition in PI has less or more attributes or the cardinality changed?

Other than that I'm afraid the logs don't give a lot of information. I'd concentrate on the interfaces for troubleshooting now.

Best regards,

Frank