cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to work with SAP SWCVs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been developing some integration scenarios on my own and had imported the IS-UT 604 to IR. I have been messing around with a namespace in this SWCV and developed the scenario but it resulted in the disappearance of the Service Interfaces from this namespace in SPROXY (my starting point of testing the integration).

While searching around to avoid this trouble, I created a custom SWCV and 'Release Transfer' the namespaces from SAP SWCV to Custom SWCV and removed all the references to the SAP SWCV in the integration scenario but even now I can't see the Service Interfaces under this namespace in transaction SPROXY. As is required by the 'Release Transfer' to have the same namespaces in the Target SWCV, now neither of the namespaces' 'Service Interfaces' appears in SPROXY.

Your time and help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Adil Khalil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I am trying to test a Proxy to SOAP scenario. I have download the standard SWCV for PI from the market place and I can browse the ESR content in SAP ECC.

I have got external definitions as well and am ready to go with the development of Scenario. I imported the external definitions to a namespace of the SAP SWCV and created interfaces and message types out of it and build my scenario but for testing the scenario for the specified interface, I wanted to make a test call by going to SPROXY and initiating test for a service interface in the namespace I worked in but now I haven't got any service interface in that namespace in SPROXY though I can see all the service interfaces and other objects in IR for this namespace.

I am stumbling around just to get a right direction, although I deleted all the custom created objects from this namespace still I can't see the service interfaces in SPROXY.

I created a Custom SWCV as well to place External Interfaces and newly created service interfaces in that SWCV but still I can't see the service interfaces of the namespace in SWCV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Adi

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil

If you are just trying to develop a test or proof-of-concept scenario, you do not need to download any SAP SWCV and modify them. Just create your own custom SWCV and custom namespace, and then create the necessary service interface.

Where are the external definitions from? Did your SOAP provider gave you the WSDL/XSD for these?

Also, have you checked that your SPROXY is working correctly?

When you execute it, do you get status message that it is reading from ESR?

You need to check that you are not getting just local data - as shown below:-

Can you also check that your RFC for ESR is pointing to the correct ESR system?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I have got connection to ESR, I can browse the ESR content too in our SAP ECC under SPROXY transaction. I have got all the necessary configurations done and everything seems fine except Service Interface for a single namespace under an SWCV doesn't render in the tree.

I think this is because of my changes that I have done in this namespace, whose vendor is 'SAP.COM'.

Regards,

Adil Khalil

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil

I don't think you should be developing custom interfaces in SAP's SWCV. Try doing so in your own custom SWCV and see if the interfaces appear in SPROXY or not.

If you need to enhance SAP's proxy, then you should follow the link I provided in your other thread.

Rgds

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil

From your other open thread, , it is not very clear what you are trying to achieve.

Why were you trying to develop in SAP's SWCV and namespace? Are you just trying to test out proxy development or SWCV design? Do you have a technical requirement for an integration scenario?

If you can clarify what your objectives are and what the technical requirements are, then perhaps someone here would be able to point you in the right direction.

Rgds

Eng Swee

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Have you checked this note   1528587 - PI ESR Content 0bjects are not visible in SPROXY ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

The note you mentioned is about not having SWCVs in the SPROXY, I am not able to see only the objects in a single namespace and not the whole SWCV.

Regards,

Adil

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Please provide the PI and ECC version. Please also check the below discussion

Standard SWCV imported in ESR, but not visible ... | SCN

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted the custom SWCV now, deleted all Interface mapping and objects and am down to the original SWCV leaving it in its original state but yet I am unable to see the Service Interfaces for that namespace.

PI 7.0 and SAP ECC EhP 4.

Regards,

Adil