cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Embargo Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Business Scenario in which i want to exclude some countries for Embargo Check. I have tried following two methods for fulfilling my requirement:

1. Do not have an entry for that Country in Legal Regulation

2. Country is there in Legal Regulation, but "Check:Not Activated"

But, In both these scenarios, check is being carried out and the document is being blocked.

Could you please help me out with this issue.

Regards,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

I'm surprised that your technique No.2 didn't work.  But when you say that you want to exclude some countries for Embargo Check, do you mean some departure countries, or some destination countries?

If you mean destination countries, then why not simply set those countries not to have an embargo?

If you mean departure countries, then what is the business logic for that?  It's a very simple matter to check embargoes.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Just to clarify, I am talking about excluding destination countries for Embargo. I have the following screenshots of the configuration settings to remove "DE" from Check.

Please let me know, if any other setting needs to be done.

Regards,

Madhav

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Your first screen-shot looks ok (no embargo for Germany), but your second is confusing - surely that's for the departure country? - there you are preventing checks when you ship FROM Germany.

In the third screen-shot, what do you see when you expand those "red lights" for the partner roles?

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Aplogies for uploading the incomplete screenshots.

PFA some more scrrenshots:

Thanks and Regards,

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Goto SAP Compliance Management->Embargo check->Activate legal regulation

Select country US and then go to Country/Country level- You will find DE as per your configuration- Make sure you keep Check Not activated at that level.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

The settings mentioned by you is already done.

PFA the Screenshot.

Regards,

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

It's bit confusing. I am not sure if it's the same with others.

If you don't need embargo to be imposed for an export from US to Germany. How about just removing the Germany from the list of Embargoed countries for Legal regulation EMBUN. Isn't that simple as Dave pointed already?

System will continue with Embargo check, but will not block your document though the Ship to is Germany.

You just have to remove the Embargo indicator for country DE under EMBUN. Can just reset your configurations as it was earlier and just do this master data setting and see the outcome.

Thanks

Dhilipan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Are you talking about the first screenshot which i posted ?

In that screenshot "Embargo" box is unchecked, still the problem.

Regards,

Madhav

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhav,

First of all, the standard Legal regulation determination strategy LEEMB (used for Embargo) is meant to determine legal regulation at:

- First: Country code level

- Second: Country group level

Hence, activating a legal regulation between US and DE is worthless as the standard determination strategy is not meant to be used for country-country level.

In you case, activating the legal regulation with US being the departure country should be enough.

Secondly, the error message you have "No country information has been maintained for country DE" is pretty clear. The screen shot you have sent earlier is for a pair Legal Regulation-Country, however the error message is stating only the country and not the Legal Regulation. Hence you need to maintain the country data for DE with transaction /SAPSLL/CNTRY (and not with transaction /SAPSLL/CCCTRY which is used to maintain Legal Regulation + country data as -I guess- you did).

Bear in mind that you have the transaction /SAPSLL/EMB_INIT that saves a lot of time and effort when needing to initialize country data for Embargo.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

In 8.0, the  standard determination procedure LEEMB has only one strategy- Only at country level. May be in 10.1, its as 2 strategies as Mouaz pointed out.

So, if the determination strategy is not capable of handling your case, there is no point in activating legal regulation something out of the strategy that is defined. Did you update the standard determination procedure as well to support your way of activation. It's best to just activate EMBUN for US Export.  And in Embargo setup, you can maintain or remove destination countries as you wish.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Adding "DE" to country information worls for my case.

Regards,

Madhav

Answers (0)