cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDK for RHEL5 ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I need to install a Netweaver 2004s on a Redhat 5 x86_64 system. But I can't find a source for downloading the correct JDK or SDK version. I understand this should be IBM Java. Can you tell me if this is possible ?

1172419 - Linux: Supported Java versions on the x86_64 platform :

Where can i find package - java-1.4.2-ibm-sap-1.4.2.13.13.sap-1jpp.2.el5.x86_64.rpm & java-1.4.2-ibm-sap-devel-1.4.2.13.13.sap-1jpp.2.el5.x86_64.rpm ??

SAPJVM is my 2nd preference.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to install SAPJVM manually on RHEL5 ? If yes, how can i do that ?

1555341 - Downloading SAP JVM Switch Tool and SAPJVM 4

From this note, I have downloaded .SAR file but not sure how can i install it on Linix.

*** I am doing a installtion with SAPINST.. not with SWPM(i know SWPM install it automatically).

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you want IBM Java then download it from here and use it for the installation.

developerWorks : Technical Topics : Java™ technology : IBM Developer kits : Linux : Downlo...

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one worked. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per SAP note 1172419 - Linux: Supported Java versions on the x86_64 platform

For RHEL 4, RHEL 5 and RHEL 6 on the AMD64 or Intel EM64T platforms, the IBM JDK is provided through the "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP" subscription. This subscription includes Red Hat support for issues related to the IBM JDK and will gives access to a special channel on RHN through which you can install the supported version of the IBM JDK. Please contact your Red Hat Sales representative to get more information about how to get access to the RHEL for SAP subscription.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori