cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Automatic Packing - Handling Unit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have configured and done relevant settings for Handling Unit Management for Multilevel packaging. I need Automatic packing for the same. For this, I have created Packing Instructions and Determination record also. I have added Packaging material group in Material master as well and the same in Packaging material type in Packing material. I have activated Automatic Packing in Delivery type. But while delivering the sales order, the material is not getting automatically packed and throwing error. I have gone through plenty of threads but not getting the solution. Here I am adding the screen shots with their description, kindly correct me if I am wrong:-

1. First I created Packing Instruction as ZPACK, Under this, I added Packing material (P) and under this I added Materials (M) with their relevant Qty. Screen Shot Attached

2. Now I created another Packing Instruction as ZPACK1, Under this, I added another higher level Packing Material(P) and added Subordinate Packing Instruction as ZPACK with Target Qty. Screen Shot Attached

3. Now I created determination record using SHIP-Material. Here I added material and the highest level Packing Instruction with it.Screen Shot Attached

4. Kindly check the simulation tab as well after creating the relevant records:Screen Shot Attached

5. Now I created Sales Order for 7000 PC and while delivering it , it is not packing automatically. Screen Shot Attached

6. And after clicking the Automatic Packing button it is throwing the error as:

Can you please help me what is the issue. As per my understanding I have done/created necessary settings. But still it is not packing.

Regards:

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

As per my understading: packing instruction ZPACK is configured to pack material 7A103000800TBF plus 14 more, and it must exist at least 200 pc for all of them in order to be  packed.

Why did you configured your packing instruction in that way?, might you be confused with "reference packing instruction" used to pack several materials in the same way?

Regards,

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joel,

Sorry for late reply.

Can you please suggest, what should be the best possible way to maintain Packing Instructions and records for the same (POP1 and POF1). If the scenario is like above. I think I am mistaking somewhere in maintaining the condition records/Instructions.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Look at the next wiki post and check if there is what you are looking for:

Creating Reference Packing Instructions - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

Joel

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the 1st error, check your config, whether determination of packing instruction is done properly or not. On search you can find many post on that.

In addition, check in Packing Instruction(screenshot 2) you have minimum quantity limit of 10 PCs. Whereas, your delivery quantities(screenshot 4) are 7 PCs. Obviously, based on you Packing Instruction, you will get a error of minimum quantity.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti Sir,

I checked the Order Quantity, it is not & Pcs, it s 7,000 Pcs (Seven Thousand Pieces), but still it is not packing.

Dear Jyoti sir & Lakshmipathi sir,

Besides just now, I observed a strange behavior in SAP. I created Packing Instruction (POP1) and Determination Record (POF1) for another Material and it is working as per the instructions given by me. Below I am attaching the screen shots for understanding. Dear sir, can we analyse what is the root cause for such kind of behavior.

1. POP1 created Instruction for Single material

2 POP1 - Created another subordinate packing Instruction.

3. POF1- Created determination record for this.

4. VL01N

Regards:

Abhishek

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be it would have been easy had you listed out the relevant transaction code or IMG path against each screen shot.  Though you have shared the screen shot, not sure which transaction code it pertains to.  Nevertheless, check what profile is maintained in IMG - Define Check Profile for Packing Status

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathi sir,

Thanks for your reply.

For the first 3 Screen Shots, I used POP1/POP2/POP3 Transaction codes and for 4th Screen shot it is POF1/POF2/POF3.

Besides I am using the standard SAP profile. Please find the screen shot below.

Regards:

Abhishek