cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog instance installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have to install one new SAP ABAP dialog instance on other server.  My query is,  On the server(Linux) we have already two dialog instance of different system, I have to remove those dialog instance of both systems and install my required dialog instance on that server.

So here is process I am planning to follow,

1, Uninstall both dialog instance using sapinst. I hope intern it will clean up the the file systems also.

2.  Then create new file system and mount required file system /sapmnt/<sid> and /usr/sap/<sid> on this server

3. Then install new dialog instance using sapinist (SWPM).

Please let me know if I have to follow any other process. As I am doing this task on production systems bit scared. Please let me know any precaution or action needs to taken care before uninstalling dialog instance.  If any documents shared would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shivanand Hongal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanand,

You may install the new dialog instance on the same server as well without removing the existing dialog instance setup.

Incase you want to remove the existing dialog instance then the process you mentioned can be followed.

Just remove the existing dialog instance folders before you start new installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

As this is on Unix/Liux platform all you need to do is remove the contents of /usr/sap/<sid>

Recreate a new file system /usr/sap/<sid> with the target system SID

You do not need to create a new file system /sapmnt/<sid> as this should be mounted from the CI node

Start the installation and on the target node.

You need to take care of the Oracle sessions and Processes configuration if the database is Oracle.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Deepak and Sriram for your inputs.

I have one more concern while uninstalling dialog installation is it going to affect anywhere in CI or ACS?

Though I will uninstall the dialog instance from that particular server only.

Regards,

Shivanand Hongal

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Better you perform this activity (Uninstall) during off peak or off time

Regards

Sriram

yogeshibmbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanand,

It will only affect the performance of the CI System. because now the load of all the user are on only CI system if you remove the all dialog instance.

Also before deleting/uninstalling the dialog instance also remove it from the SMLG. Also ensure no job/task has been scheduled for that dialog instance.

You should unistall the dialog instance from that particular server where it is installed for safer side.

Regards

Yogesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanand,

Firstly remove the existing dialog instance from the logon group to avoid new users getting logged into this instance. Secondly plan a downtime and stop the application.

Then un-install using SWPM .

Clean the existing folders.

un-mount the existing /sapmnt which you might have shared from CI instance of other system.

Perform new Dialog instance installation for the new environment by mounting the /sapmnt from CI host of the new environment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your Query's

1, Uninstall both dialog instance using sapinst. I hope intern it will clean up the the file systems also.

Yes, better you can uninstall the both instance

2.  Then create new file system and mount required file system /sapmnt/<sid> and /usr/sap/<sid> on this server

Yes, I thing in Dialog instance you can have only the share SAPLOC. SAPMNT will be on CI

3. Then install new dialog instance using sapinist (SWPM).

Yes, you can use the either SWPM ()or SAPINST method

Regards

Sriram