cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aRFC: Single Server and Load Balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create aRFC model. In SAP logon screen, I can see two tab pages - Single Server and Load Balancing.

Can you please let me know when we have to use which tab?

Thanks

TG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Single Server: if you need to run the functionality on exactly one specific abap server.

Load Balancing: if you want to utilize more than one abap server or if you can not specify a dedicated server (in HA environments with no abap instance in HA configuration itself).

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If SAP GUI client is installed in the same machine as SAP NWDS, you can use Load balancing.

If SAP GUI client is NOT installed in the same machine as SAP NWDS, you can use Single Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Single Server Connect or Load Balancing connect is completely independend from the location where SAP Gui Client is installed.

Single Server connect means that your are directly connecting to an ABAP Server using hostname and systemnumber you have to provide.

Load Balancing Connect means that you specify the message server of the central instance of an ABAP Server group. The SAPGUI first connects to the message server which will provide the SAPGUI with the information about the best performing ABAP server. SAPGUI will then connect to this ABAP server.

Single Server is suitable for small landscapes with lets say less than 4 application servers. In huger configurations (and those which I know will grow to more than 3 servers)I would prefer to use logon groups - aka Load Balancing.

Peter

Answers (0)