Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI: system user and communication user manager

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have got a work to analyze the system user and communication user. Which user can be deleted from system in order to save the license. We are using SAP PI 7.11 Dual Stack. Using TC se38 and Report RSUSR200 i got a list of users, which ist for xxx days not active. For dialog user is easy to say, whether the user is needed or not. But there are some system users and communication users, i'm not sure. How can i find out, whether the users should be deleted or not? e.g. SAPCPIC, RFC_FS, LSADMIN, J2EE_ADMIN, J2EE_GUEST, XIAFUSER, XIAPPLUSER, XILDUSER, XIREPUSER, XIRWBUSER, XISUPER etc. thx.

Best regards,

Fanglin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

Are you sure that the system users consume licenses?.

I would never delete/deactivate system users because they are implicated in several components and it's not easy to determine if anyone is useless, to much risk,

You should check the "Z" communication users created  because you can join some users with the party concept. You can use a generic PI technician user, etc; but i would never delete/deactivate the users generated in the PI installation.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin - In addition to Inkai's reply.. I don't think PI has got a user based licencing..

AFAIK - It's always a volume based/CPU based.. but i might be wrong.. You might want to check with SAP on this..