SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD billing in SAP-ISU

0 Kudos

Hi,

During mass invoicing by batch , SD bill is not getting picked. But if I do it manually through EASIBI , then it's able to pick the SD bill.

Can anyone suggest where the issue might be ?

Thanks,

Bighnajit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

murtuza_chhatariya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bighnajit,

Did you check the log of mass invoicing, is your contract account covered in given interval?

Thanks,

Murtuza

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

murtuza_chhatariya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bighnajit,

Did you check the log of mass invoicing, is your contract account covered in given interval?

Thanks,

Murtuza

0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

Thanks for ur reply. Could you be a little specific as to which tables or t-codes is required to see the log.

Thanks,

Bighnajit

0 Kudos

In mass invoicing transaction EA26, there is last tab "Logs".  In this tab, click on Job Logs and it will show the intervals processed.

Did you enter range of contract accounts or single contract account on first tab (General Selections)?

0 Kudos

Murtaza, I have not done the mass billing manually, the billing is being done by the overnight batch automatically. There the SD bill is not getting picked. If I reverse the final invoicing(which was done by batch) and re-invoice manually by EASIBI , I am able to pick the SD bill.

The Issue is - Why the SD bill is not getting picked in the first place while batch invoicing ?

Thanks,

Bighnajit

0 Kudos

For the batch job name, you need to contact job scheduler team.

Check the Batch job in SM37 and there you will find two things, Date ID and Identification.

Use these two values in EA26 and then you can find the log.

0 Kudos

Thanks Murtuza for the input , I will try out your suggestion , mean while could you suggest what should I look for in the log ?

Thanks,

Bighmajit

0 Kudos

In the log, it can be checked if there is any error for particular CA.

how many CAs are processed under the interval in which particular CA falls.

Also which parameters were given on general selection tab, additional parameters tab and technical settings tab. Particular CA could be skipped if it might not be fulfilling criteria of the job.

Both EA38 and EA26 jobs will have to be checked as EA38 creates billing documents and EA26 creates invoices. If billing document is not generated then apparently invoice will not be created.

0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

could you please help me interpreting interval,lower limit,upper limit, error count etc in the log.

PFA - Log of EA26.

Thanks,

Bighnajit

0 Kudos

Example - If system has total 100,000 CAs for invoicing, and it creates 10 intervals - each having 10000 CAs to process (This logic depends on how interval variants are maintained). Lower limit and upper limit are self explanatory. For each interval, a separate job gets created in background and invoicing will be performed, All error / success messages will be recorded for that interval.

Now check CA and interval which it falls in. Double click on that line and you will see related error messages of that interval. Check if there is any error message for the CA in question.

If your CA is 100000012350 then it would be in interval - 3 (between 100000012342-100000021004)

0 Kudos

Murtuza, I am able to track the interval in which the concerned CA is present , But I am not able to see the log as it's throwing a Error " Log could not be found " while double clicking on the line item. Plz suggest.

Thanks,

Bighnajit

0 Kudos

Either Logs are archived / deleted, contact your controlm team for these logs.

Also check if EMMA cases are generated for CA in trasaction EMMACL.

0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

ControlM team doesn't have the log with them, it's been deleted. I tried to run EASIBI in "Execute in Background" mode, its failing to execute. Please suggest !!

Bighnajit

0 Kudos

Hi Bighnajit,

Two possible reasons why the SD bill didn't get picked up in the batch.

(a) It may happen that the SD bill has been posted in SAP after the invoicing batch job has already run in SAP for the day. Check the creation of the SD bill in SAP.

(b) Ideally, SD bill should get picked during the EA26 run while creating the IS-U invoices.

Check the parameters for EA26-General Selections,Custom Selections if there is something maintained which is not allowing to pick the SD billing in the EA26 batch job.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply, I have analyzed both the reason provided by you but I cant find any issue in both the case. It seems to be in line.

Any other area i should look ?

Thanks,

Bighnajit

0 Kudos

Hi Bighnajit,

Can you run the EA26 batch job for the affected CA only and see if the SD bill gets picked or not?

If not, then check the job log as to see why its not picking the SD bill.

If you are not able to find anything, then go to T.code -SLG_ISU.

Give the Mass activity type as INVO and Give the date ID and Identification for the EA26 batch run and execute.

You will be able to analyse the log and found the reason for the SD bill not getting picked.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your input , ran the batch for the affected CAs. Everything was normal . So I think these CAs had manual errors. So closing the conversation.

Bighnajit