Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ECC6. We have a few users that have left. If I delete those users from SU01, will it remove the transaction done by the user, including transport?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ZL

For SAP master data and transactional data (e.g. financial documents) the data will not delete if you delete a user master. You will not have integrity issues with development or transactional items in the system.

Some of the things that can happen with deletion of user master:

• User's selection variants, favourites, etc disappear - if account is recreated it they will not get these values back
  • background jobs scheduled User's Id  start to fail - but this is no different to locking/expiring an account and periodic background jobs should run under system user instead.
  • possibly issues if any workflow items are in progress and the user is an agent

I take the same approach as Martin and Lock/Expire the user but not delete the account. I do this as it is a heap easier tracking a change document back to the user. However, SAP change documents for user account is a heap better that you can see the changes for the user address. If by chance a User Id is recycled, you can track who "owned" the account at the time it was in use Still, audit investigations are a heap easier when this doesn't happen.

Regards

Colleen

2 REPLIES 2

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

deleting any data is not a good idea in most of the cases. This is true for all data, not just user master records. SAP does not delete transactional data created by a deleted user but you will have transactions in your system that are pointing to non-existent records. A usual approach is to remove roles from users, move them to a group TERMINATED and lock them so they can't be misused.

Cheers

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ZL

For SAP master data and transactional data (e.g. financial documents) the data will not delete if you delete a user master. You will not have integrity issues with development or transactional items in the system.

Some of the things that can happen with deletion of user master:

• User's selection variants, favourites, etc disappear - if account is recreated it they will not get these values back
  • background jobs scheduled User's Id  start to fail - but this is no different to locking/expiring an account and periodic background jobs should run under system user instead.
  • possibly issues if any workflow items are in progress and the user is an agent

I take the same approach as Martin and Lock/Expire the user but not delete the account. I do this as it is a heap easier tracking a change document back to the user. However, SAP change documents for user account is a heap better that you can see the changes for the user address. If by chance a User Id is recycled, you can track who "owned" the account at the time it was in use Still, audit investigations are a heap easier when this doesn't happen.

Regards

Colleen