Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10 PSS - Can PSS be used to reset AD passwords?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking into implementing a password self service solution and would like to just have one.  Can GRC10 password self service also reset Active Directory user id passwords?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am guessing that SAP may only be allowed to have a "Read Only" set up to LDAP, which is the case in most workplaces. If so, then I don't think it will be achievable.

I have never tried it against LDAP, but you may wish to test it once by marking the LDAP connector for PSS use.

0 Kudos

We will try in our development enviroment and I will reply with findings.  Thank you for your feedback.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The service user have read only access and you  need IDM for that.

Prasant

0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

thank you for your feedback.  I suspect you are correct but we are going to try in our development enviroment.  I will post our findings.

0 Kudos

Michael,

Do you have an update to this?  We would like to do the same thing, use GRC to update a password in AD.  Did you get a chance to try this in your development environment?

Thanks

Matt