cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workforce Performance Builder questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. I had a conversation with a client today who is interested in WPB. He had a few questions I wasn't sure how to answer, which I listed below:

1) Can WPB profiles be customized to match any software? Currently WPB does a great job of pulling in captions and buttons from MS Office and SAP. Our client is in the healthcare space though and was wondering if we could create a profile specific to EPIC software.

2) How are users typically brought in to Manager? I know there's the option to import Excel files; below that is an option to "ldap import and sso set up." How would that work? Specifically the client asked if they could use an Active Server Directory to manage their users.

Thanks for any help in advance

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomasgiesau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

1) Can WPB profiles be customized to match any software? Currently WPB does a great job of pulling in captions and buttons from MS Office and SAP. Our client is in the healthcare space though and was wondering if we could create a profile specific to EPIC software.

Yes, we can generate profiles for all applications including AS400 or very old DOS based application.

Please keep in mind, application profile is an additional service and needs to be delivered by SAP direct.

In case you like to push context sensitive help to your users, its maybe limited.

The official supported applications you will find in the Help.

Please let me know when you need help in this scenario.

2) How are users typically brought in to Manager? I know there's the option to import Excel files; below that is an option to "ldap import and sso set up." How would that work? Specifically the client asked if they could use an Active Server Directory to manage their users.

Typically different scenarios possible:4

Company Member login via AD Account which is maintained by the IT department,

Contractor using self-registration or Excel import.

I have implemented many times the full solution, most of the customer using AD import.

Please let me know you are SAP employee or external.

Maybe you will join one of our consultant enablement courses.

BR Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas! Those are the answers I was hoping for. I work for Teksoft Ventures, and we're a training partner with SAP. I attended a WPB course a couple years ago, and I was signed up to come to a WPB implementation course in January. They ended up canceling the course though when they didn't get enough registrations.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Is there a guide on how to implement SSO between SAP WPB and Active Directory?

I couldn't find anything on help.sap.com

Regards,

thomasgiesau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes please check Manager Security Guide

SAP Workforce Performance Builder – SAP Help Portal Page

I know its difficult to find the right ressource.

Best Regards Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

How do you DELETE users manually created in WPB cloud manager?

There is no such button and the documentation is barely covering the basics.

Thanks!

thomasgiesau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

SAP has a clear understanding regarding SAP, maybe the support you have talked about not.

Do you have ticket which i can forward to the right people within SAP?

Regarding your licence's question:

Please contact your Account Executive (AE) - he should able to answer this question. AE is the person who sold this to your company.

User deletion:

We have functionality called "House Keeping" for this - just be careful, user deletion is dificult regarding related Data, the normal action is set to inactive.

Regarding documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're deploying SAP WPB CLOUD edition.

I understand the migration from AD into WPB, but how do you keep the users in WPN aligned with the constantly updated users list of AD?

Once SSO through SAML is set up, what is the process to ensure that the users pool is the same across AD and WPB?

Thank you!
Luca

thomasgiesau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

Sorry i didn't get your point directly:

You like to know how you can make sure that you can connect you AD to the cloud?

I am not sure it is a good idea to do this same like in OnPrem, -Privacy and Security is maybe more complex.

Recommended is using SAML and SCI - SAP Cloud Identity.

best regards Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

my bad, we bought WPB Cloud and we will use SAML for the SSO. There will be no direct AD-CLOUD connection.

I wanted to know how the alignment between WPB user base and AD can be maintained.

On top of that, it would be very interesting to know a bit more about WPB best practises, it is veery hard to find something on the Internet.

Thanks!

thomasgiesau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

To be clear the connection will be between SCI / SAML and AD.

The Cloud WPB Manager is able to handle requests from SAML  => create the users..

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thank you, turns out that even SAP does not have a clear understanding of the SSO between ADFS 3.0 and HANA cloud.

It took 3 weeks  to get in touch with somebody from SAP in India that gave us some sort of generic support, but still the information coming are scarce and much is left to personal initiative in order to make it work.

I am frankly very disappointed with the lack of clarity from SAP about requirements for using WPB in the HANA cloud.

It seems we do need either a SAML or a Middleware software to authenticate our AD against the SAP cloud and it is still not clear if the licenses are included or not...

Having signed a 3 years contract with SAP for WPB plus a hefty 10 days support to be trained on WPB, I have to say I hoped SAP did a better job in suupporting customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick feedback!

I meant no offense in my post, I understand what you mean and I am writing here to help and inform other training managers like me that are undertaking the effort of setting up Workforce Performance Builder from scratch.

So, to your points:

• all our questions (technical and  account related) were sent to the relevant people in SAP, the point is that I am not dealing with "Mr SAP", it always comes down to the single people you're interfacing with, in my case, the feeling I had is that the replies were slow at best and the gathering if relevant technical information required several emails and call conferences even on the "basic" SSO implementation.
  • We opened now a ticket with our SAP Basis team, understand the parameters required, but it is not clear if we still need a middleware between ADFS and HANA to enfoce SSO.
  • I appreciate the Google effort , all the WPB user manuals were already downloaded. I am saying that the information there is not detailed, not that it is absent. It is just superficial and lacks of examples.
thomasgiesau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

WPB its an "Jack of all trades" a proper course is recommended .

Regarding the technical problems:  i was serious!

There is the strong support organization for WPB and no support is sitting in India- means you still talking to the wrong people and you will get the wrong answers.

Ticket component is KM-WPB

I offered you to send me the Ticket No I will route this to the right people.

Middleware is required SCI and Okta i have used - no issues.

Licence's can be checked in the system, but your company is invisible for me.

Best Regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

we planned the 10 days training with SAP Education onsite to start in 2 weeks, once the issue with SSO is solved.

As soon as I get back, I will share the Support Ticket NR, as I am not sure I can fetch it from the new help desk interface "launchpad".

The person we got in touch with from SAP India is responsible for the HANA - ADFS integration, the question is not WPB specific, although I still find it disappointing that these requirements were not stated before.

To your middleware point: SCI (is it Cloud Connector?) and OKTA are the softwares that were mentioned by SAP engineer in India, we're trying to understand if we have their licenses, build the server and configure it.

I will wait for our A.E. to come back on the licenses for now.

I have another question on WPB Producer: looking at WPB from an LMS standpoint, I would like to host FLASH or HTML 5 content in WPB, since we did not roll out SuccesFactors already.

I checked the PDF already (no lmgtfy needed) but it is not fully clear technically what kind of highly interactive content in can "host" in WPB.

Thanks

stein_tati
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer imported the user data from AD to SAP WPB Manager, however, to this users the

tool don't allows to change the interface language in user account. The language field is

filled with English Language (the same installation).

For users created into SAP WPB Manager this change is possible.

Do you know if isso is a tool's restriction or a tool's mistake?

Do you know if is possible to change the Language field to several users at the same time into SAP WPB Manager?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Tatiane

thomasgiesau
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Tatiane,

two different points:

maintain own data is a permission you need to assign to your user.

You can change the fallback language for the imported user.

This option you will find in Administration=> Server Settings => GUi Language.

when you reimported the user again the new language should appears.

Let me know this will help.

BR Tom