Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating calc view but can't select output fields

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to create calculated view on based of two analytic views but while selecting fields of those analytic views in output I can't do so.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

I tried creating calculated view on two tables also and same thing again I'm not able to select the fields of tables.

Pls help.

Thx

R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubane,

Could you send me a screen print how it look like now. Normally after adding projection and joining them together.

Click on projection on each Analytical View projection and on the right hand on your screen you will see all the fields that make that table.

Right click on each table and you should be able to add it to output.

Regards Jon

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Pls see the screenshot, I added projection node on the table and its still nothing there because there is no field selected.

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Still waiting for your advice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rubane,

It seems to be problem with your eclipse. Can you create a new view & try the same what are you doing here.In case that doesn't works, i will suggest to re-install HANA Studio.

Regards,

Kulwinder

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Kulwinder,

I'm using cloudshare 30 day free trial. Not sure how to reinstall it or it ever possible?

Thx

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubane,

Is this a SQL type calculation view or graphical?  Can you include a screenshot showing what you are experiencing?

-Patrick

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Its Graphical one,

Pls see screenshot below, here I added two tables but can't select it fields,all are greyed out.

Once I do rclick its also greyed out.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if you right click on PurchaseOrderID do you not get an option for 'Add to output'?

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

No, this is what I'm getting.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also you have not finished connecting each of your graphical boxes.  So depending upon which box you have highlighted this could be the reason why you are not seeing the option to add to output.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have not already tried this please try closing Studio and re-open.  I find very frequently I will be missing options and I close and re-open which fixes the issue for myself.  If it's this issue it seems to be an issue with Eclipse.

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried restarting studio and also ,I connected all the boxes as advised.

But still issue is same.

Thanks

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need two projection from the tool palette. Join each analytical view to each projection and when you click on the projection you should be able to Add require files to output on details panel. Without projection you can't add the fields to the output.

Hope this help.

Regards

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click on the Join node and perform the join you require and add the fields you want to have.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

I added projection node but still I can't add fields to the output.

For simplicity I'm using normal tables now instead of analytical views.

Thx

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I'm unable to create join, because there are no fields where I can select joins.

Thanks