cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value not displaying at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a Source field <LineSequenceNumber> which is mapped to <LineNumber> at target side at Line Item Level. The <LineSequenceNumber> is occuring multiple times with same or different value but at target side <LineNumber> is appearing only for different value and not repeating for the same value.

Let me explain this scenario with an example. <LineSequenceNumber> is repeating 4 times in at source side. Two times with value as 1 and Two times with value 2. after executing the mapping <LineNumber>1 is appearing for first occurence not for second occurence, same is with <LineNumber>2.

Now my requirement I want <LineNumber> should occur as per source. Do we need to write any UDF for the same?

Source Side

<ShipmentLine>

<LineSequenceNumber>1</LineSequenceNumber>

<PartNumber>XYZ</PartNumber>

</ShipmentLine>

<ShipmentLine>

<LineSequenceNumber>1</LineSequenceNumber>

</ShipmentLine>

<ShipmentLine>

<LineSequenceNumber>2</LineSequenceNumber>

<PartNumber>ABC</PartNumber>

</ShipmentLine>

<ShipmentLine>

<LineSequenceNumber>2</LineSequenceNumber>

</ShipmentLine>

after exceuting the mapping

TargetSide

<LINE>

<LineNumber>1</LineNumber>

</LINE>

<LINE>

<PartNumber>XYZ</PartNumber>           (<LineNumber>1 is missing which is required)

</LINE>

<LINE>

<LineNumber>2</LineNumber>

</LINE>

<LINE>

<PartNumber>ABC</PartNumber>           (<LineNumber>2 is missing which is required)

</Line>

Regards

Faisal.

</LINE>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

If both the nodes Line Sequence Number and Line number are at same hierarchy level then direct mapping must work.

If the hierarchy level of Source and target are different then you might need change the context depending upon the requirement.

Post the source and target structures if the issue still exist.

Regards,

Sudha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. I fix the issue by checking the other fields mapping at target side and it has some complex mapping logic based upon it was working.

Regards

Faisal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Do the mapping as below

ShipmentLine ( set context to top node ) ---->LINE

LineSequenceNumber ( set context to ShipmentLine) ----->LineNumber

PartNumber ( set context to ShipmentLine) ----->PartNumber

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

what is the mapping for LineNumber? Just map the line no to source LineSequenceNumber (one to one) and it should work.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

I just mapped it directly but its not working. At source side we have multiple hierarchies.

Regards

Faisal

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Can you provide the source structure and mapping screenshot (with display queue)?