Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict a user to a specific development class in BW

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Here is my scenario.

I want my end users to be able to create their own Bex queries in the dev environment of BW. I gave them the necessary CTS authorizations. It works fine.

But, I would like to limit their access to one specific development class, so that they can not use the $TMP package or something I did not grant them with.

I can not find the authorization object to do that. I tried the S_DEVELOP, but, no success.

Can anyone help on that ?

Thanks

PY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run a trace (ST01) on a user creating and saving the Bex queries and see which authorization objects if any are checked.

3 REPLIES 3

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run a trace (ST01) on a user creating and saving the Bex queries and see which authorization objects if any are checked.

timkorba
Participant
0 Kudos

Why don't you want them to tie to the $TMP package.  It is actually better to tie to the $TMP package and then after your development review and sign off for promotion to BWQ, you can assign them to the development package that they have access to.  The easiest way for this is to restrict users to creating their own transports and just tying to the $TMP local package.  This will limit them to what development package that you want them to have access to without limiting them to not being able to create queries.  This is just a best practice that I have used in the past and it provides the necessary checks and balances.  Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Tim

thanks for your feedback. I understand your point but, we are in a situation where users will create and maintain official queries in BWD, without IT support or with a restricted support.

So, when they will create their queries, or new query elements, they will be asked for a transport request (I use the standard transport management approach as the default Query approach is leading to confusion because of the meaningless query elements technical name). Thus I want them to have the choice of only on Package....$TMP or another one is the same thing.

So how do you tie a user to a package ?

Thanks

PY