cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issue: BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP6 on AIX 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

As stated in the title, I am experiencing an issue while trying to install BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP6 on AIX 7.1.

Files were extracted from RAR archives on Windows box using .exe file that came with AIX installer. Files were FTP'd to the AIX server and permissions were changed to 777 for the entire directory, owner was changed to "webi" from root.

When trying to run ./setup.sh, the installer does not actually start:

webi@<host>:/apps/BusinessObjectsA/51046020/DATA_UNITS/BusinessObjectsServer_aix > ./setup.sh

/apps/BusinessObjectsA/51046020/DATA_UNITS/BusinessObjectsServer_aix/setupexe -launchedFromSH

Finished, return code is 0

I did not find the output very informative and was not sure how to proceed. I've looked at similar threads and the problem usually turns out to be a permission issue, but usually that is clear from the output. I've used the chmod -R 777 /apps/BusinessObjectsA/51046020 command to set permissions and also tried running with root so thinking that is not the case here.

Any ideas on what it could be or where to look next?

Please let me know if additional information would be helpful... Any help would be extremely appreciated! Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot extract on Windows and then FTP to unix/AIX.

You have to extract the archive on AIX using unrar. (free utility you have to download to your AIX)

It is described in the SAP Note link to which is on the download page.
https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/886535

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you happen to have another link to the support note content? I am unable to access it

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that link works for me. you do have to have S user credentials for the Service Market place to access it.

Simply search in service market place fro SAP Note 886535.

Or in download section link to it is just above list of the downloads, under multispanning archive something...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, will try to get unrar working on AIX and extract directly there