cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Server Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure the MDM 5.5 and unable to connect the server.

1. I've installed the software on windows

2.Started the MDM server service.

3.Mounted the MDM server by giving my machine name but I see the grey icon and could not do anything.

Please let me know what should I do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suren,

Please follow these steps:

1. Start the MDM server service by going to Control Panel--> Administrative Tools --> Services and then Select '<b>Start Service' for 'MDM Server'</b>.

<i>plz note that this service is available where MDM Server is installed and it should be running on that machine.</i>

2. Now go to Console Right Click in <b>'Console Hierarchy Pane'</b>. Select <b>Mount MDM Server</b> from <i>Context Menu</i> and specify the<i> IP address or Host Name</i> of <b>MDM Server</b> where it is installed.

<i>plz note that it is IP address of MDM Server only and not where you are using your Console. It will be same only if Console and server are installed on same machine. </i>

3. For the Mounted MDM Server Go to <i>Console Hierarchy Pane</i> right click on it and Select <b>Start Server</b>.

Just try this out.

Plz revert if any queries.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje.

Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I did as you said but when I right click on the mounted server and I see all the options greyed(except UnmountMDM server). And also I see the server status as Running(not connected).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suren

I have a very strong feeling that you are not connecting to the server where the database is installed (SQL or Oracle). Specify the name of the machine where your SQL or Oracle databse is installed when you are mounting the server.

Arvind

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Suren,

I fully agree with Arvind.Please your DBMS setting also.Also try by restarting the MDM server and then MDM server service.

Hope this solves your problem.Let me know the results.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

1. I gave the host name in capital letters and found that MDM is case sensitive. I cound now start the server.

My observation: MDM server is independent of database server. We can start the server without any database and only you need it when you want to create/mount repoistory. But anyway we need repository...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check that the SQL server services are running....you can do this in the SQL enterprise manager

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check that the MDM server service is running on your system or not in control panel --> Administrative tools --> Services.

Also check the status of the mounted server.

Thanks,

Shiv.