Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading material variant configuration - inconsistency

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we developed a custom program to mass upload variant table entries, create some characteristics and mass create/update material variant with configurations.

We are using the following Function Module: CUXM_SET_CONFIGURATION

Unfortunately after the first material variant is created with success all the others are failing. The message is the following: Characteristic XXX: Value 'YYY' does not exist, Message ID CX 618. However it is an existing characteristic value just created on the fly with standard BAPI and also COMMIT has been done. (in CT04 it is also visible)

The same case happens if I create the characteristic value in advance of running the program with CT04.

When the system tries to fill the material variant configuration it just does not find it.

I know from the documentation that this function module is using certain settings for the consistency check:

"The consistency check can be made less strict or switched off using three modifications. To do this, you can set three flags in include

LCUXMFMM:

- GV_NO_CONS_CHECK: There is no consistency check (apart from for the configuration profile). All characteristic values are posted as they arein the IDoc. If, however, a characteristic does not exist in the target system, nothing is posted for it.

-GV_INCONS_POSSIBLE: All of the consistency checks take place, but the system does not issue an error message and terminate the process if the configuration is inconsistent or incomplete. Instead, it issues an information message.

-GV_NO_PROFILE_CHECK: The system does not check the configuration profile, which means that the system reacts as though table T_E1CUCOM is empty (see above)."

If I set the GV_NO_CONS_CHECK to 'X' with the debugger then everything is ok! The other two options raise the same error.

Unfortunately these settings are implemented in a standard SAP include which I would not like to change if there is another solution.

Any other ideas?

Thank you ina advance!

Best regards

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Did you try using function module MATERIAL_SAVE_CONFIGURATION ?

Thanks

Amber

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

yes, we are already using it.

The only way unfortunately is to switch the GV_NO_CONS_CHECK flag in the standard include. It has been confirmed by SAP development and supprort via OSS.

Best regards

Tamas

Answers (0)