cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notification implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented scenario from blog http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2012/12/03/gateway-pushing-notifications-made-ea...

but the call to RFC destination of type G is not made from the program

Can you kindly suggest what can be a Problem or where exactly I can check that the call is been made to the external server from Gateway ?

Regards

Laawanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recreated the objects as per the blog : http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2012/12/03/gateway-pushing-notifications-made-ea... .

The issue that I am facing currently is that I am not able to find the service which I have created in ECC in Gateway system hence I am not able to activate and Maintain the service in Gateway.

I have tried to retrieve the services using different system aliases like 'local', ECC system alias but nothing is fetching me the service created in Backend.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Laawanya

former_member195242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laawanya,

Services need to be activated in Gateway hub system(with component IW_FND). If your ECC has both components(IW_FND & IW_BEP - codeployed scenario), then you can use "LOCAL" as system alias to register/activate your service. If you are using a different gateway hub system, use the system alias which points to your ECC system.

Best regards,

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash,

Thanks for the reply.My ECC has only IW_BEP component and hence I am using a different gateway hub system.

As you have mentioned, In my gateway system,I have tried to add my service using the system alias which points to ECC system. But for the ECC system alias, when I use 'get service' option, I am not able to see any services built in ECC system.

I tried doing a cache cleanup, but still the services created in ECC aren't showing up. Am I doing something wrong  in system alias creation ? or should I do any other step to get the service in ECC into gateway ?

Regards,

Laawanya

former_member195242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laawanya,

Please check if the RFC destination that points to your ECC is running fine. try running a connection test or remote logon.

Also, I assume you have maintained the system alias using the SPRO in the following path:

SAP NetWeaver -> OData Channel -> Configuration -> Connection Settings -> SAP NetWeaver Gateway to SAP System -> Manage SAP System Aliases.

Can you please check these?

Best regards,

Aakash