Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI: the quality of service EO vs. EOIO

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a service (File -> XI -> RFC). If i use the quality of service "EOIO" in the file sender channel, the data from xml file could not be imported in backend system per RFC-call. If i use "EO"-Settings then the data could be saved in backend system without problem. Could someone tell, what is that problem? thx.

Best regards,

Fanglin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

hello all,

i have found the difference between EO and EOIO in audit protocoll: the following screenshot ist the audit protocoll by using QoS EOIO:

The message status was set to HOLD. If i use QoS EO, in the protocoll i can see, the message is sent to receiver channel and the message status was set to DLVD. Why?

Best regards,

Fanglin

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin - Are there any other messages in the queue?

go to runtime workbench -> component monitoring -> adapter engine -> engine status -> additional data -> messaging details ->

select the node "Messages in EOIO Sequences" and check for the first message in that queue.

If it is in error state, you should resend that first..

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

When you use EOIO the message will process in sequence, so if one message is failed or stuck, rest all message are stuck.

When you use EO then message processes between different queue at the same time. So the message will not stuck if one message is failed.

for EOIO you need to clear the failed messages.

Hope it is clear

Harish

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

thx for your answer. It works. I have one more question: it is possible to delete some message in the queue? thx.

Best regards,

Fanglin

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

you can cancel the message, please refer the below discussion

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Harisch,

i have read the discussion und tried to delete the messages using the following methods. It didn't work:

1. the report "RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES": the message with Message-ID could not be found

2. the SMQ1, SMQ2 und SMQ3: the EOIO-Queue could not be listed.

In RWB there no options to cancel (or delete) the messages. I can only restart the first message:

Best regards,

Fanglin

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin - Those are for Integration engine but not for adapter engine..

So just take the first  message ID in the queue

then

go to

rwb -> message monitoring -> adapter engine (database)-> click on show additional criteria

paste the message ID and click on start.

Now you should be able to cancel the message..

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

thx for your reply. Now i can cancel the messages. But the counter of the messages in the queue is always the same number. How could be the number changed to zero?

best regards,

Fanglin

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin - Which counter are you referring to?

If you clear all the messages(cancel/process) then the number of scheduled messages should become "zero"

If you did that? then just close all the browsers session and login again and see if that's display problem

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

you are right. After closing all the browser session i login again and the number is changed. thx.

best regards,

Fanglin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

Why you used EOIO? do you want to process the message one after another? what error you are getting in receiver RFC or SAP system with EOIO?

Please have look at below discussion

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

yes. I have use QoS EOIO. Because the folder is scanned every 10 min and the files should be processed one after another. In SXMB_MONI and channel monitoring i could not find any error. In the backend sysmte i used st22 and also found no errors. Where should i also check? thx.

best regards,

Fanglin

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

Quality of service should not have any problem in async scenario. I would suggest to check the file size in case of EOIO and EO.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

Did you checked the RFC connections?

Check if any dump in SM58.

Perform the cache refresh and try to re-import the RFC once.

Thanks

Bhargava Krishna

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

we don't use the settings for file size in EOIO and EO:

best regards,

Fanglin

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava Krishna,

the dump in SM58 i have checked and found no errors. I have also tried to refresh the cache refresh and re-import RFC. But it didn't work.

I have one more question about the name for the queue: should i give the queue name according to the pattern: XBQO* or XBQI*?

Best Regards,

Fanglin