cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UTF-8 characters not visible (showing Junk values) in Information steward.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have UTF-8 (Native language) data stored in my Oracle database, I'm able to see the UTF-8 data in data services but not in Information steward where it showing junk values.

Any advice how to fix this? My oracle database is UTF-8 and while creating connection in CMC for Information steward I used the option UTF-8 code page. Also could someone throw some light on how to compare two UTF-8 based data for duplicate.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

Tushar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I have checked with some Arabic data as source and  did profiling and cleansing package. Both cases it is working fine. I have imported cleansing package in the Data Services and check the results , It is fine I  don't have UTF-8 database that's why I used UTF-8 text file with Arabic data.

Please find the below screenshots.

Please check your settings . If possible could you please provide some sample data  to test from my side.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

That is amazing. Please let me know the settings.. Attach is sample data in csv.

Regards,

Tushar.

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar ,

Please  change the setting in the Information steward file format option   as shown below .

Please find the below profiling results .

For come to cleansing package builder I am getting the problem with data .

If I use break on white space only  I cannot parse the data properly because of commas.

If I use the option break on white space is no then  data is showing like this .

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

I was able to get the desired output thanks. But why is the data stored in oracle db which is utf-8 not displaying correctly in IS? The same data is visible correctly in DS.

Regards,

Tushar.

Answers (0)