cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in folder - node creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have create a folder and drag and dropped few fields into the folder and gave a condition that CARRID is AA, select the folder, but it shows the following error. Could any one please say what should i do ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

You are getting the error for the condition CARRID = AA because in this case, the framework treats AA as a variable and not a value.

That's why the error "Field AA doesn't exist".

Since you want to compare with the value directly, provide the value directly in single quotes. Your condition should be CARRID = 'AA'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, and there is also another error being displayed. I have &sy-datum& in my include text.

It shows this error. But i have mapped the field in global data in the interface. Please help me.

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

Can you please provide more details regarding what you have done here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard text there is &sy-datum& field. It was created using so10. When this text is added in adobe form using create text and using include text. When i try to configure layout it shows error that the field sy-datum is not present in node text.

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

You are getting the below error because when you specify &sy-datum& in SO10 text, the framework tries to replace the value of sy-datum in context node but it doesn't find the variable sy-datum. To overcome this problem, you have explicitly declare a variable which will store the date.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Declare a Global variable DATE of type sy-datum in Form Interface as shown below.

2) Write the code in Code Initialization to fill the variable DATE as shown below.

3) Drag the Global variable DATE in the Context Node of the Form as shown below.

4) Go to your Standard text. And replace the &sy-datum& with &date& as shown below.

5) Log off from the system and log in again. This is very important. Now this error won't appear. You can go ahead with the layout changes. I created a test form and it works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Pavan. I also have few more doubts. Ill post in SCN, please help me if possible.

Thanks,

Syed

Answers (0)