cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Connection String

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to create a class to do a direct connection for other application to HANA database, unfortunately I'm still new in HANA studio and I need your advice on the below.

From the sample I got, the format of HANA connection string should be as follow.

Dim connStr As String = "DRIVER={HDBODBC32};UID=SYSTEM;PWD=PASSWORD;SERVERNODE=192.168.1.11:30015;DATABASE=SBOCOMMON"

Can anyone advise where should I get the SERVERNODE parameter value?

I saw in the Properties of the root node (NDB) - Additional Properties - Host : 192.168.1.11:30015, is this the 'ServerNode' that the connection string referring too?

I tried to make this class as reference from VB applications in the future, I can manage to pass the UID and Password, but how to make the connection string to be flexible enough to get current ServerNode so I won't need to change the connection string and recompile the class everytime I'm going to use it as reference to other application?

Please enlighten me..

Thanks and best regards,

Krisma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wasn't the connection string working for you?

According your system:

hostname: 192.168.1.11

instance: 00

port: 30015

The below statement is not working for you?

"DRIVER={HDBODBC32};UID=SYSTEM;PWD=PASSWORD;SERVERNODE=192.168.1.11:30015;DATABASE=SYSTEM";

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Honestly I have not test the connection since it is inter-related with other apps.

As for my current question, am I looking at the right thing in the root node (NDB) - Additional Properties - Host ?

Also coding wise, how should I get the SERVERNODE on the fly?

To elaborate more, in the SQL method we will define the connection string to be like this:

dbConnectionString = "Data Source=" & sqlServer  & ";User ID=" & adminAccount & ";" & "Password=" & adminPassword & ";Initial Catalog=" & dbName

But in HANA, how can the Apps can detect the ServerNode, or is it possible to do in the first place?

Or the apps should transfer the ServerNode variable, together with other connection parameters?

Best regards,

Krisma