cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Oracle DB Backup on RAC with ASM on Standalone server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have our Production Enviornment on Linux as OS and Oracle DB on RAC and ASM. We are taking the backup through DB13 of Production system.

We want to rectify whether the above backup is restorable or not. For this, we want to restore the backup on Single Standalone system without RAC and ASM.

My questions is 1) Is it possible to restore database from RAC and ASM to normal Standalone server ?

2) If possible, can anyone let me know the challenges we could face during the same procedure.

Looking forward for suggestions.

Regards,

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketul,

> Is it possible to restore database from RAC and ASM to normal Standalone server ?

For sure. You are using Oracle RMAN (because of RAC / ASM) and so you can use the simple RMAN DUPLICATE or RESTORE procedure with RENAME / CONVERT option. Afterwards you have to disable and remove the unnecessary (additional RAC node) redo threads and (additional RAC node) undo / temp tablespaces.

> If possible, can anyone let me know the challenges we could face during the same procedure.

Nothing special - MOS ID #415579.1 describes the procedure very well.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan,

It was really helpful. Do we have such restore steps using BRTools ?

Regards,

Ketul

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketul,

no unfortunately (or in my opinion luckily) not. However you will find the how to guide, if you search for the previously mentioned MOS ID on Google.

You can also use the previously created RMAN backup (by BR*Tools) for that RMAN DUPLICATE or RESTORE procedure.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have Production Database and we need many times to do Refresh for QA and DEV.

We are using prcedures for Duplicate database with RMAN , and works fine ..

Automatic change DB-name and possible to put datetime for restore

Regards

Sandro Lobo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketul,

I suppose restoration can be done to standalone system using brtools.

Refer steps in

SAP note 1627541 - BR*Tools support for Oracle ASM and Exadata/ODA

905359 - Using BR*Tools for Oracle RAC databases

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori