Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC - CRM Org.Update

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to update BP employee master data using GRC. Is this supported by GRC? Experts please share your opinion.

Requirement:

Whenever a new user is created, update this User's sap UserID into BP master data through GRC. Can GRC be used for this kind of update?

How is the HR org structure assignment request working with GRC? Can i use it for fetching CRM org structure and update it using this MSMP process ID (SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_HR) ?

Can i use Organizational assignment request in SAP GRC to update the org.structure in my CRM system? Will that work? As i can see in the template used for org.assignment request below are the attributes mentioned. Is this role mentioned in this template is a business role tagged to a position in CRM? or Is this different?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

With the Organizational assignment request you can only make role assigment to organization, position or job. I think BP creation and organization assignemt to user currently is no possible.

Regards,

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the details.

We have a org.structure defined in our system.

We have PFCG roles created for each position in org.structure.

Now can i assign my PFCG role to position in my org.structure? How does this actually work? How does GRC connect and update the org.structure?

We are using SAP transportation management (TM) system.

Is this request type "Organizational Assignment Request" applicable for only HR system?

Any guidance or documents to understand the concept of organizational assignment request will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madbu,

Please, configure the SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_HR workflow process. This corresponds to the "Organizational Assignment Request". There you select an organization and then pick up a role. When the request is approved, the relationship is creted in the system that belongs to the org. selected.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

So it makes me wonder what the work around is here. Do you just customize the MSMP workflow for the access requests to continue on to the security administrators after the user master record is created and the ABAP/ portal roles are assigned? Then they can manually make these types of assignment in CRM/ SCM etc?

binicholson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

In our case we have configured the CRM and BI systems for direct role assignment only then the administrators have to periodically manually clean up the direct role assignments and move them to the position.  Good thing was that we were already on position based security and changes are minimal so not a big job to administer.  Other consideration was to have a hybrid solution with CUA and assign all roles within the central system.  However this would add an additional layer of maintenance as all roles from child systems would need to be associated with a composite role within the central system.

Regards Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have the same situation with GRC10.1 SP10 where the client wants to use indirect role assignments.  All good with the ECC system but fails to provision within CRM and BI.

We logged the issue with SAP Support (OSS) and after three plus months they have finally come back and advised us that it cannot be done.  Initally they advised to install the GRCPIERP plugin however a prerequisite to this is to install the SAP_APPL and SAP_HR components on the target systems.  We pushed back on this as they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't impact the HR-Org functionality that was currently in use in the CRM system.......

Interested to hear what others have experienced in this area and if any have managed to get indirect role assignments up and running in either CRM and/or BI.

Regards Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Were you able to implement position based security on CRM? Were you able to fetch CRM Org structure using Organizational assignment request?

I activated the SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_HR workflow process but am able to pull positions only from HR system and not from CRM. Can we use it to submit requests for CRM system. Can you please provide some documentation related to it.

Regards

Sandesh