cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh functionality in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm facing issue regarding REFRESH functionality in WDP ..The issue is i have REFRESH(FPM Button) on my screen and when ever the user clicks on it , the screen should refresh(should come to initial state).

And on refresh button event, i'm launching the screen by using below code.

But, when appl'n is tested from portal, it is working incorrectly. If i pass parameter use_suspend_plug = ' ', first time on click of refresh button in portal,it is opening screen in portal it self, and on second click of refresh button in portal screen, it is opening screen in new window.

Is it better to launch the appl'n or to refresh/clear all the screen element values and bind it again?... Here i have one more probelm, the ex-developer of the component has declared some attributes(nearly 15 attributes) in view controller(which cannot be access in component controller) and i cannot read those view controller attributes in component controller. so that i can read those attributes and clear the values( which is not possible now).

Pls help me to achieve REFRESH(F5) functionality .

Thanks

KH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

It is depended on the requirements of the application to decide on reloading the whole application or just invalidate the nodes (e.g. must retain some node information, etc.)

If you want to go with reloading the whole application approach, you may want to use EXIT plug, please check out this thread.

If you want to go with the clear all screen elements approach and have problem with accessing view attributes from component controller, you can raise an event from component controller and get it handled by the view. Please check out below link:

Events and Event Arguments - Developing Web Dynpro ABAP Applications - SAP Library

Hope it helps. Cheers!