cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Background jobs after Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been doing some searching online and I don't seem to be able to find a definitive answer to this question:

Are background jobs client specific?

I've seen some discussions on here say some are and some are not.  I've also seen a discussion that says ALL background jobs are client specific.

It's really related to non-SAP background jobs after a client copy.

If I have a client 100 in QA with half a dozen non-SAP standard jobs configured, and I create client 110 in QA and perform a remote client copy from PROD into client 110 on QA, will my non-SAP standard backgrounds run in Client 110, or do I need to set them all up again?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Paul,

There are client dependent & independent jobs available in SAP

SAP note#16083

Thanks

S.Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes the background jobs are client specific. But you can able to list the jobs running under all the clients in SM37.

It depends upon the profile you chosen for the client copy.

If I have a client 100 in QA with half a dozen non-SAP standard jobs configured, and I create client 110 in QA and perform a remote client copy from PROD into client 110 on QA, will my non-SAP standard backgrounds run in Client 110, or do I need to set them all up again?

you need to set them up in client 110 however the same jobs will be running fine in client 100.

The SAP Fan Club Forums • View topic - Client copy issues with background jobs

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I used SAP_ALL profile when performing the client copy.  So my scheduled jobs WILL have been copied along with everything else? Is that correct?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In SAP_ALL profile the background jobs will be coming from source client not from QA client 100. Hope you are confusing with background jobs from source client and another QA clients.

Regards,

Raja. G

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello All

Yes. You will need to set those non standard jobs in the new client. When you schedule a job there will be a reference to the client where the job will be executed is stored under AUTHCKMAN in the table TBTCO. If the job is scheduled periodically then the job is executed only on the client where it is scheduled.

I used SAP_ALL profile when performing the client copy.  So my scheduled jobs WILL have been copied along with everything else? Is that correct?

In SAP_ALL profile the background jobs will be coming from source client not from QA client 100.

No. Background jobs are not transportable and will not be copied during a client copy. Job definitions are client independent.

Read these SAP notes.

31503 - FAQ: Background jobs

51135 - Why are bkgd processing jobs not generally transportable?

If you want to schedule those jobs in the new client the follow the suggestion in the SAP note 3150 point 6.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

This seems to be what I'm finding: Information to suggest jobs are copied (depending on the profile) followed by information to say that are not copied, regardless of which profile I use.

Confusing.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can trigger a client copy and check whether the jobs are getting copied from the source system or not.

Regards

RB