cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KOAL and KOAO settlements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

When do settlements take place with transaction type KOAL, as opposed to KOAO?

We have a running PS set-up with hybrid projects (WBSEs and networks). Network activities are settled to WBSEs, which are in turn settled to either cost centers or profitability segments. These settlements normally take place with transaction type KOAO, which is what I prefer, but in some -exceptional- cases, they take place with KOAL or a combination of the two, instead. I have failed to detect a pattern here.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

KOAO is Settlement of primary costs and KOAL is Activity allocation settlement.

Hope it helps!

Thank You and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

Most of our network activities are only debited by activity allocations. However, some of them are settled with KOAO, some with KOAL and some partially with each of these. This is what confuses me.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please elaborate the various cost debit transactions to NWA.

Do you use RKL, RKLN as well?

Thank You,

Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

Activity allocations have transaction type RKL and I use CJN2 to revaluate them, whose postings have transaction type RKLN.

The activity allocations take place via CN25. We also have WIP. PS-relevant period end closing steps consist of KSS2, KSII, CJN2, KKAJ and CJ8G.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please analyze the Settlement Rule and the Settlement Parameters. It might provide the details on the difference between the two.

Thank you and Regards,

Varshal Kachole