Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM: What is the use of Role Mapping???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This seems to be very stupid query. However, I am stuck with this simple understanding.

In BRM document located in SCN, it says that:

a.  Role mapping allows related roles mapped to a Single Role

b.  These roles are provisioned when the Single Role is provisioned

May I know:

1. If different single roles can be mapped to the single role being created using BRM?

2 As far point#b above, does it mean that as soon as the single role is assigned to a user, all the "mapped" roles are also assigned in the back end system?

3. I tried point#2 above, however, the mapped role is not assigned to the user. By the way, I assigned the role in the backend system through PFCG.

How it is different from Business Role?

Please help me understand this concept and the system behavior.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Set parameter 2014 to YES.

Role Mapping means you can add a role as mapping role under role mapping tab to any role in BRM. When the user selects main role, mapping role also will be added to the request automatically and then its up to you how to handle approvals for that role.

We are using this scenario where in our system when user select one role automatically another linked role should be added to the request instead of user again searching and adding it.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you very much for replying.

I set the mentioned parameter to "YES" and then mapped a role (XYZ) for one the technical roles ("TEST") in BRM. I then tried to create a change request in ARQ and added ("TEST") in the request.

I was thinking that the "mapped" role (XYZ) will also be added as a line item automatically in the request. However, it did not happen like this!

Is my understanding wrong?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Your understanding is perfect and that's how role mapping works. I just tested in my system and it is working fine and we are on GRC SP13.

Please check if you could request roles XYZ & TEST directly (just to be sure they are in BRM).

If yes, please attach screenshot how you have mapped those roles.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is working as you explained.

Thanks again for your valuable reply!

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)