cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer PO at item level needs to be populated to existing Z report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just would like your confirmation on the below requirement.

Requirement: Already there is existing Z open sales orders report is availble for which we need to add the below mentioned line item PO into the output of the report.Business manually change the line item PO that should be displyed into output of the report.

And one more point already the header PO  number is alredy displying inth output of the report.

My understanding is: Since the customer PO is unique to the entire document what ever the PO is maintained at header level which will be copied to all the line items, even i checked the line item and header table & field both are same VBKD-BSTKD hence eventhough user manually change the Line item PO number you can't get the same into the output the of the report is this my understanding is correct or we can display the line item PO details into output of the report?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

My understanding is: Since the customer PO is unique to the entire document what ever the PO is maintained at header level which will be copied to all the line items,

This is true, during order item creation.

...even I checked the line item and header table & field both are same VBKD-BSTKD hence even though user manually change the Line item PO number you can't get the same into the output the of the report

????  Are you saying that you checked this table, after the user had altered this field in the Sales Document item, and thereafter saved the order?  Exactly what did you see?  Display screen shots of VBKD; including both the header and the item records for such an order; where BSTKD is visible.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DB49 for your reply.

Am taking about the below one.

Let me put the requrement once again. Business wants to display the line item PO to output of the report.

So my question is let us say user maintin the line item PO manually for each line item wise even though we are able populate these fields to data to output of the report does it really make sense maintain the customer PO details each line item wise?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

You are asking the wrong person. That is a question to be answered by the appropriate business users; and it seems to me that your users have already made their requirements clear.  I have seen implementations where this field is maintained regularly by the business; SAP obviously provides for this functionality; per your screenshot.

If you wish for the business users to change their policies and procedures (e.g. 'don't edit this field'), that is something you will have to take up locally.  As long as they are maintaining these data at the item level, then the request to change the report makes sense.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DB49 for your above answer,also checked with business why they want to maintain the line item wise the PO details.

The answer is recently they have implemented high sea sales process during the Post go live they could not complete the total cycle thorugh SAP, only sales order created in SAP but not Vendor invoice and customer invoice etc were manged manually.

In sales order it contains more than one line items. Business has compelted upto customer invoice for some line items( sales order in SAP and remaining through manual).

So now when the user is trying to pull the open sales order report system is pulliing the above compelted line items also, sytem is doing correct beacuse in SAP only sales order created and remaining process through manually. But actually the report is wrong.

So now the business will enter manully some description for those line items which is completed until billing ( sales order in SAP+ remaing process through manual). so that in the output of the report they can understand which which are all the line items in sales order are completed the billing.

Hence they want to disply the line item PO into the output the report so i think it makes sense to me now, do you think any other alternative for the above requreiement ?

thanks,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So now when the user is trying to pull the open sales order report system is pulliing the above compelted line items also, sytem is doing correct beacuse in SAP only sales order created and remaining process through manually. But actually the report is wrong

If your intension is to control only in report where system is fetching those completed sale orders, then you can very well assign some Reason for Rejection at line item so that system wont consider such sale orders.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply sir. Yes initially we were thinking the same but these sales order also created PO automatically during sales orders creation, this i did not mentioend sorry. MIRO and customer invoice were done manually out off SAP( done it through Fianance).

Now user does not want to delete the PO of this order hence we are not able to put the reason for rejectoin. Hence user is looking for this option of line item PO descritpion so that they can understand the which ar e the line items were done the compelte cycle( something in SAP+ remaining in out of SAP).

thanks,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 user is looking for this option of line item PO descritpion so that they can understand the which ar e the line items were done the compelte cycle

In that case, you can very well make use of the standard transaction code VA05 where system will show line item wise PO details.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really thank you very much sir, i did not even check this, with out senioors advice many time juniors will do this kind of mistakes with out checking the standards. But actually those are availble in stnadards. Once again thank your help and DB49 as well and also for the other members.

thanks,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All open sales orders will be retrieved from Z-Report--but as per you only sales orders created in sap remaining manual--then how system can understand this?(think from system point of view)

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Phanikumar for your reply.

Sales order and PO created in SAP and MIRO, customer invoice were done through finance( out off SAP). Due to some confirguration issue during that period.

sorry may be in my 2nd post i did not mentioend PO also created automatically during sales order creation in SAP . However, indirectly i mentioned in my 2nd post as below.

but not Vendor invoice and customer invoice etc were manged manually

I think i have given reply to your answer. Pelase let me know if you are asking something different ?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya.

At the outset, why dont you recommend the business to map the  High Sea Sales process completely in SAP. Else apart from sales orders remaining open, there will be other issues as well, for eg., in Customer Ageing, linking Vendor invoices to Sales Orders, etc.

High Sea Sales can be mapped in SAP using the Third Party Sales process: IC. TAS. You can search in SCN for threads in case you are new to the process.

does it really make sense maintain the customer PO details each line item wise?

Yes, it does make sense. In case you are clubbing different Purchase orders in one sales order.  Then you can maintain the PO numbers line item wise in the Sales Order.

Thanks and regards

Pronojit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gupta for your reply. Now the total cycle they are creating in SAP only ,This was case during the Post go live for 2 months. Now there is no issue they able to create entire cycle in SAP.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i do agree with you, since customer PO is header field like Sold to party and sales org elements like sales org and distribution channel ,sales document type are are unique to the entire document which is applicable to all the line items.