cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design , Config, NWDS and Flow of messages in SAP PO 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am assigned to File -> SAP PO 7.31 -> ABAP Proxy Scenario. I never worked on SAP PO and searched to find the related stuffs but nothing really helped me.

I am just perplexed to start from unseen boundary.Hope to receive some support from the experts.

1. Where to create DT , MT , SI and other design objects. Should it be there are NWDS or at SWING UI.

2. What about the config objects?

3.Any sample scenario tutorials so that it can shed some inputs.

4. Just then, whats the flow of messages in the SAP PO...

5. Any real time questions which can hit my continuous stream of queries. 

Thanks

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Where to create DT , MT , SI and other design objects. Should it be there are NWDS or at SWING UI.

>> It hardly matters which UI u are using to create ESR objects becoz functionality wise both provides same features (in case ur version is >= 7.31 SP06), so u can use either one of them. Personally speaking, i am working on PO since last 2 years and still using swing UI to create ESR objects, but having said so it's better to get acquainted with new tool as well.

2. What about the config objects?

>> For ID objects, it's advisable to create IFlows. Just search SDN u will get tons of blogs on the same.

4. Just then, whats the flow of messages in the SAP PO...

>> In PO (i believe u are using single stack version), message executes and passes through AEX. Check this for more details, but in case u have any specific doubts u can post ur questions here:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/31/57765aef5042028eda03f2833aedd1/content.htm

5. Any real time questions which can hit my continuous stream of queries. 

>> Ur scenario looks straight forward, just make sure u have created destinations on PI and ECC to enable proxy connectivity.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Regarding creation of interface objects you can create in standard swing UI along with NWDS. So create a ICO (integrated configuration object ) and complete the scenario .

You said you are working on PO(BPM + BRM + PI ) system now . Is PI Java only stack or dual stack ?

Thanks

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HariKumar,

Yes , this is an JAVA only system...

Hareesh and Amit had answered and provided some documents but I could not get inputs on BRM. Where it is exactly place when I am working on this scenario?

Regards

Rebecca

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca - It depends on your scenario.

if it is just processing a file and calling the ABAP proxy to load that data then you might not need BRM..

though i'vent worked BRM, If you have any workflow /maintain some business rules in processing that files, then you may use it.

Process Orchestration is just a package which has PI + BPM and BRM.. and each product can be used independently based on your needs.

Go through the below document to understand more on BRM -

case study -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00582030-9e3a-2e10-d1a4-e77aa8c66...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>> I could not get inputs on BRM. Where it is exactly place when I am working on this scenario?

I am not sure why you are looking for BRM? By looking ur scenario description u don't need BRM at all. It's a simple integration, assuming that ur basic connectivity has already been setup between PI and ECC.

Let me tell u in very simple terms so that u can decide yourself whether u actually need it or not.

You need BRM mainly when u want to decide the flow of ur process inside BPM depending upon few predefined sets of business rules.

For instance, depending upon the salary of a customer u want to set the credit limit once the customer apply for a credit card. So that's the decision which u can make inside ur process at runtime using BRM rules.

Another use case of BRM could be using BRM rules for value mappings.

In case you have more questions about BRM, raise a separate thread. Will try to help u in understating the same.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava