cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

users_gen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I uploaded users from file using users_gen. The system generated random passwords and forwaded them to the respective email ids maintained in the file.

I was not able to login to webgui using that userid (system was throwing a dump). The reason i am thinking is that the new users are missing on profiles in suo1 txn.

correct me if i am worng

Rgds

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Well if there is a dump, best thing would be to paste it here so that we can provide you with some help

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Refer to the link below.</u>

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/3f/d6ac391acc5008e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm</b>

----

<b>Import Users from File or Other System</b>

Activities

Select one of the following options in order to create initial users in your Enterprise Buyer System:

Option 1: Upload Users from File (ASCII)

Prerequisite

The data fields for a user are in a row and are separated by a semicolon. You can generate these files in MS Excel, for example, (save the Excel sheet as file type CSV). The order of the fields is critical.

Example 

D030456;Smith;50000105;tom.smith@aaaaaa.com;de
C00213445;Doe;50000106;jane.doe@bbbbb.com;us
D23456;Moser;50010203;25534dr@ccccc.com;dk
Note

In the menu under Goto -> Define Separator, you can determine if a semicolon or a comma is to be accepted as a separator.

If all the data in the file is not accessible, default values are used for the missing data. If the file contains an e-mail address, the system generates a password and sends it via e-mail to the user. If the file has not e-mail address, you are prompted to specify an initial password for all users.

You must specify the technical key for the fields Academic title, Form of address, Manager indicator, Role and Country.

You can find the system keys for the academic title in field TITLE_KEY of table TSAD2.
You can find the system keys for the address text in field TITLE of table TSAD3T.
If the user is to be a manager, you check the field Manager indicator.
If you are assigning a role for a user, the file must contain the technical name of the role. You should check in advance in Transaction PFCG if the role actually exists.

Option 2: Download Users to a File

With this option, you can load user data into a file. The file then contains the data in the format shown above (data fields are separated by a semicolon).

Option 3: Import Users from Other System via RFC

Prerequisite

You have already created an RFC destination in the EBP System and this refers to the SAP System from which you wish to import the user data.
The system from which you wish to import the user data is corresponds to Basis Release 4.5 or higher.
The users exist in the remote system in Transaction SU01.
Note

The default password is only used for those users that do not have an e-mail address. For those users that have an e-mail address, the system generates a password automatically and sends it to the users.

Option 4: Create Users from Existing SU01 Users

You can select the users that you wish to assign to an organizational unit.

Prerequisite 

You have already created users in Transaction SU01 and you now require these as EBP users.

Option 5: Import EBP users from an LDAP directory

Prerequisite

You have already created users in an LDAP directory and you now require these as EBP users.

Procedure

In the first step, you can create all users from an LDAP server in the EBP System. These are not initially integrated in the organizational structure. If you carry out this step in test mode, only those users are shown that have been transferred.
Appending the users into the organizational structure occurs in the second step. You must select a country and an organizational unit. Then you select the users that you wish to assign.
Note the exact procedure that is described in the Application help.

Option 6: Create New Users with Sequential Number

The users are generated by the system and are given default values. The user ID consists of an initial part and a number.

Example

Leading initials = ABC, number part from 1 to 1000, length = 8.
The system generates users with the IDs: ABC00001, ABC00002, ...., ABC01000.

Option 7: Check  Users

Here, you can check EBP users for consistency.

Further notes:

Generation of users can take some time (you can generate roughly 20 users per minute). The status row shows how many users have been generated.

Once the users have been created, you can only delete them individually.

You can only process internal EBP users with this transaction. You cannot process vendor users.

You should not assign more than 200 users to any organizational unit.

----

<b>Define Default Country for New Users</b>

Define Default Country for EBP User

Use

In this activity, you specify a country to which all users are to be assigned who log on to the system via Internet self-service.

The country is also used as a default value in the Internet service for user administration (technical name BBPUSERMAINT).

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atul

Appreciate your eagerness to help the community.

Can I request a favour from you ? If the help documentation is very long, can you pl just give a link and only paste valid portions in the message. This way we can avoid scrolling through long pages to read through. Also it will be easy to read in their original format. I hope you will not mind this..

Happy contributing!

Cheers

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

I was able to fix the issue. The problem was that these newly created users were missing on roles.

Rgds

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good to hear that you solved the problem. )

Anyways, if you think, everybody has given some good suggestions, reward points to all of us. )

Please close the thread as well.

Regards

- Atul