Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Jar Files in Development Component

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one simple doubt , i have an external jar file i.e ORAJDB.jar , i created one external library dc orajdext in which this ORAJDB.jar is added in the library etc.

Now after this i have two options i.e

1.  when i want to use this jar functionality in the webdynpro DC  ---- abcrpt, i can add this external library dc orajdext in the used dc part of abcrpt and use the functions of ORAJDB.jar.

2. I can create one more development component of type  j2EE-server->library named orajd_deployable, and then add orajdext (assembly public part) to this . Now in webdynpro dc abcrpt i can add this orajd_deployable instead of orajdext  and start using the functions of the external jar file.

here in the first option also i can use the jar functionality , and in the second option also im able to use the same functionality but , in the second case the jar file is getting deployed and available at the server where we can see the same in the visual admin ->server-libraries, but in the first case i can use the functionality of jar file but the jar is not found at visual admin->server->libraries.

which one should be used first case or second case ? if second case why should we use and why should we not use first one.

Regards

Govardan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually case 2.

in second case, the lib is shared, many dc can use. if the lib is updated, all the using dc will use the updated one. you only have to deploy the updated lib dc

in case 1, you have to update each of the using dc and deploy them

Answers (0)