cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It can read data source from the SDK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

It can read data source from the SDK? ....

I know a data source reads information from multiple objects, but there are many links that I can not access them,  then the only way out is to read the source data directly ....

If anyone can help me please...

Best,

Joe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am just checking out a part that I have not been used yet but I believe you can read a datasource!

There is an API documented in the API guide of Cloud for Customer / ByD:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_byd1311/en/ktp/Products/96e54f70e7b2450895d71966b531edf7/Publishing/Guid...

There are 2 sections that sound very promising:

2.3 SOAP API for Analytical Data Access

and

3 OData APIs for Read-Only Access

The general syntax should be then:

There are more selection parameter available and the result should be returned in JSON which can be parsed. That way you could consume via ABSL the data or do it via an extenral system.

Also Thomas provided an article that goes into this direction:

Not sure when I can test that but this should definetly give you a good start and it would be great to have a "How-To" guide for this topic.

Cheers,

Jens

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Update: I found already the shortname of the workcenter (which is required for the ODATA URL

You can display it in the assignement view:

The rest of the parameters is in the report details Lets see if that works

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

And yes, it works

How to read data from an Analytics Data Source?

You can get the data of a report, which can be based on various BO's via the ODATA services URL. The result is returned as an XML.

You just need to call the below URL with your parameters:

https://<yoursystem>.com/sap/byd/odata/<shortened name of work center>_analytics.svc/RP<report ID>QueryResults

More documentation and more parameters: Cloud API Documentation

Result: You get the data as XML according to your parameters:

How to get the parameters?

- <yoursystem>

--> should everybody know, it is the url of your system...

- <shortened name of work center>

Business Analytics -> Design Reports ->Open Assignent Overview of the Reports

- <report ID>

Open the Report and click details, in the following dialog you can see the technical id

The XML resutl must be manually processed either by the external applicaiton or via ABSL from the Studio.

Cheers,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

I typed these suggestions in my earlier reply itself and then deleted them. I couldn't suggest these becoz

• These approaches need a round trip to system. Not so performance efficient for slow network connections.
  • Even if you propose, I felt like one can't understand by suggestion alone and might need a detailed explanation of implementation which is little complicated for a person who is not much into Web 2.0.
  • Besides all these views, I myself has not explored REST client capabilities to capture the response in absl coding as this doesn't really depend on a schema for ByD client to understand how response will be captured and I've used ByD's odata endpoints in external system but never used in a reverse way.

But a thread owner should know that there is this kind of option. So, I say, good one.

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, I absolutley agree with you   This is a complicated, maybe not so performant and rather hard to implent approach to read some data...

Especially about the processing / parsing of the XML, I am not sure if this is possible to handle with a realistic effort...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jens,

I am following the steps you stated and the only solution that I have now.

I worked with a very simple report, now I must do what I need.

I will comment on how it goes.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I had left this outstanding issue, and now I must return ..

I have read all that you indicate, and if I could see that to me working properly, but now I have an error message when trying to check the data in a standard report.

Message: RBAM: Sin autorización p."Query <default> BY_ELEMENTS" en "BONodeProxy <default> FIA_SET_OF_BOOKS <default> C" en contexto ""

I have verified that the Id of the report and the name of the workplace are correct.

The error indicates that I have not authorization. You know how to fix this??

thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Joe Gonzales.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if the user id you are using have access to the workcenter to which the report (you are trying to access) is assigned to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivatsava,

I can enter with my user and see the report ...

The image that attached, I did with my user ..

The report is standard:

Would appreciate any help possible ...

thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Joe Gonzales.

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

for me it seems that there is an issue with the underlying query. It seems that you can access the report but then an error is thrown. Are you sure that you can see data with your user when you open the report? (This might be about access context.).

Maybe try a different report (the more simpler the better for your testing).

To maybe verify my question you could also try the same with a user that definetly has not the report assigened and compare the error message you get. If it is different it must be something else.

Cheers,

Jens

carlos_hidalgo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jens.

I am trying to read the Data Source using SDK, do you have any idea on how to do this ?, still valid your last response from 2014 ?.

Thanks!.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens and Srivatsava,

I succeeded enter the standard report previously, the error was because I was entering from the wrong work center.

Now I'm doing a reading algorithm of the data.

But I have a possible serious problem ...  When I create the url, I place the selection and filters I need:

But I need to replace the filters every month, that is have to be dynamic.

Also entry  the url in the communication arrangement:

You can tell me how I can make dynamic please??

thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Joe Gonzales.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help is for sure if the reader understands your question perfectly. So, frame your question in detail always! What's your reqt.? What are the datasources you are trying to read? and from where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivatsava,

I need to read a standard datasource, as show below:

I need to read it from a BeforeSave ation from the SDK.

I hope you understand me and i can help,

Best regards,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't read directly from datasources. It has to be from underlying BusinessObjects as you can use only BO's in BeforeSave. Can you check if the BCO CostObjectType is of any help to you? I am not able to run Repository Explorer as it is crashing when I try to execute Query for this.