cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Stack vs ABAP Only

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question on about using Solman 7.1 as a dual stack system versus ABAP only installation scenario. Are there any limitations using Solman 7.1 as an ABAP only system? Mostly,  I am concerned about the LM_SERVICE component that is an application deployed out to managed systems SMD agents.

Assuming that I am running Solman 7.1 "without" a java stack.

How is LM-SERVICE component upgraded?

Thanks,

Travis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Solman cannot run on a Abap only stack.

It is installed as dual stack with both Abap & Java sharing the same SID.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I thought, but I am noticing that solman abap side was upgraded to the newer version --However it appears that the java side is still running the older (JDK 1.4) JVM and I am wanting to know how the system can run in this configuration and if there are any adverse effects for this configuration.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ABAP stack does not need a JVM, except for installation purpose (but now the JVM is embedded in the SWPM installer tool ).

SAP JVM is now the only JDK supported by SAP since October 2012.

You should migrate ASAP using JVM switch tool provided by SAP, it is not a complex operation.

Check the here under notes.

Regards

1495160 - SAP JVM as replacement for Partner JDKs 1.4.2

1708967 - REMINDER: Switch to SAP JVM 4

1665953 - SAP JVM Switch Tool Composite Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess my concern with solman java stack is that LM-Service is an application that is deployed out managed system SMD agents.

So, if I have a service that is dependent on a particular release/version of LM-Service. How does this adversely affect the system if managed system is on a higher release than solman.

Answers (0)