cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Web Services API how to connect/access using PB12.5 classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to connect/access the Exchange Web Services Managed API using PB12.5 classic or is it even possible to connect?

Thanks

Dave V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes it's possible in powerbuilder 12.5 classic with the web service proxy wizard.

1) Get the WSDL from your Exchange server. The URL will be something like https://exchange.company.com/ews/Services.wsdl. You will need to provide a valid Exchange/Active Directory user account & password to access/download the file.

Save the wsdl on your pc.

2) create a project with the web service proxy wizard. Choose the .NET engine checkbox then you must indicates the path of your wsdl that you just saved.

Choose a proxy library (pbl) that will store your proxies.

3) Once you deploy your project, your pbl will contains objects (proxies) that you can use as normal powerbuilder non-visual objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat, Have a follow up question.   After numerous tries I was finally able to create the proxy.

Once I deployed it I can see numerous objects.  What I am not seeing is the ews API.  How do I connect/reference to it.  I "think" all the objects are for just exchange web services and not API...

I am deducing this because I am looking at the "Microsoft.Exchange.Webservices.Data" namespace and I don't see any of those Classes anywhere.  (Note: not a C#/VB programmer so trying to translate all the examples to PB can be confusing)

Any help is very much appeciated....

Dave.

Answers (0)