Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Modules & split 997 channel reqd for splitting Edi and Acknowledgement

mayank_yadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using  PI 7.11 with B2B add-on installed.We will be using AS2 adapters ,as of now

configured file adapters in place of it.

This B2B  scenario does not consists of  Party because 1 sender and 1 receiver system is involved as of now.

May be client provides identifiers details and include party.

In my previous B2B scenario(PI 7.3) involving Seeburger , AS2 channel was configured with(image shown below)

SeeClassifier,BIC, message splitter modules and Split997 channel  for splitting EDI PO and Functional Acknowledgement.

What are the adapter modules that will be required in case of B2B add on (PI 7.11)and does it requires

EDI separator channel for splitting EDI doc & Func Ack.What can be the other probable issues.

How we will monitor the messages and Ack once its implemented end to end?

Regards,

Mayank Yadav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to use the EDI Separator adaptor for segregating the EDI Data and for semantic validations (e.g. 997 ack for ANSIX12...) This adapter takes care of the functionality of SPlit997 adapter.

Also you need to configure the EDI Separator as sender adapter as well for processing the actual edi message to your corresponding target system...(i.e. if 850 need to be sent to ECC here you need to configure EDISeparator as sender and IDoc adapter for your receiver...assuming you are using idoc adapter for ECC...)

Monitoring has been integrated in local monitoring of PI itself....for more info check in B2B forum in SDN where you can find blog with detailed info by Alexander..

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mayank,

Inbound Scenario configuration: (3 step)

1) Sender AS2 (EDI messages) -----> EDI separator receiver (no mapping required here; EDI separator is used to split bulk EDI messages and configure acknowledgements (997) if required)

2) EDI separator sender (with message type(eg.850),version and sender ID/receiver ID configuration; here X12convertor module is used to change raw edi into XML) ----> Idoc or any receiver channel (inbound)(here you have your actual mapping)

(if 997 is configured as requested in the first step; then you need to handle the 997 generated by EDI separator)

3) EDI separator sender (997 message type,version,reverse combination of sender ID,receiver ID) to Receiver AS2 ( no modules required pass through)

Outbound Scenario configuration

1) sender channel (say Idoc) to AS2 receiver (requires mapping)

997 file can be sent back by partners (EDI 997 as acknowledgement)

this will be taken care like any other inbound message) which can be then converted to SYSTAT IDOC or so to track the status of outbound message.

B2B status tab in PI monitoring helps you track acknowledgements

Hope this answers your question:

What are the adapter modules that will be required in case of B2B add on (PI 7.11)and does it require

EDI separator channel for splitting EDI doc & Func Ack.What can be the other probable issues.

How we will monitor the messages and Ack once its implemented end to end?

For detailed information on this; please refer

Regards,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja.

I need clarification on Outbound scenario alone.

Since AS2 adapter is Receiver can I configure MDN for Acknowledgement.

Regards,

Tibin