cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I have a Invoice Output type maintained with Transmission medium -1 PRINT and the condition records are maintained.

Now the business wants an additional new PDF Output in addition to the existing PRINT output for specific Sales Org & Shipping point.

As seen in the Output type maintaince, this Output type already has  2 Transmission mediums , 1 PRINT  and 5 external send assigned to it.

The Program and FORM remains the same for both. See attached Screenshot

I would be modifying the existing Print Program to add a new Logic to check the specific sales org & Shipping point and if this condition is satisfied ,then trigger the additional PDF output else not.

I need to know since the program used for PRINT  & PDF output is same, do I need to maintain new Condition records with Transmission medium 5 (PDF ) for the same output type? or the existing conditions records with Transmission medium 1 (Print ) is sufficient to run this functionality.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Umesh Karane.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you would be touching the smartform anyway, there is no need to maintain output for PDF.  Just the coding will do.  This is assuming that the PDF print is in addition to existing print output being used.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I understood your question is about output condition master record maintenance (tcode VV31). In this case answer is "yes" - you should have 2 records there, one for medium "1", another for medium "5". Otherwise, when output determination occurs in billing documents, only existing master record with medium 1 (printout) will be found and used.

Unless you have coding in your Z* print program which generates email message and sends it directly from the program. As I understood from your post, your Z* program only populates the Form, but does not generate email - but please confirm. Technically possible to put code inside print program that runs checks and in case requirements are met - prepares SMTP message and sends it to recipient (e.g. via FuncModule  SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1). If this is the case, in customizing (NACE) and master records maintenance (VV31) only one medium will exist - Printout. Printing or sending will be controlled in the code.

Just an assumption, but seems that you use standard process and get Form populated with data, and then through customizing decide to print or to send it depending on medium

Thanks & regards,

Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can add code in program ZVADIN02 to call the desired output on condition

Regards

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a FAQ. Please, first search with the proper strings (email, invoice, ...). Check these notes

SAP Note 454893 - CHECKLISTSD: Sales document output as an e-mail

SAP Note 537832 - Incorrect replacement of text symbols for MAIL

and related notes. Look for also with the keywords in these notes

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo