cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Instance Type t1.micro sufficient? Using Instance of SAP Application Server ABAP 7.4 SP5 incl. Business Warehouse on SAP HANA 1.0 SP7 [Developer Edition]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Instance Type t1.micro sufficient? Created on Amazon EC2 my Instance of SAP Application Server ABAP 7.4 SP5 incl. Business Warehouse on SAP HANA 1.0 SP7 [Developer Edition] using SAP Cloud Appliance Library. With the initial setting for Instance Type m2.4xlarge for the server / m1.medium for Remote Desktop i could reach the server via SAPGUI and could start the SAP HANA Studio. But With this initial setting for Instance Type m2.4xlarge for the server when starting the local Installation of SAPGUI or SAP HANA Studio i could not reach the server. Is there even a bigger Instance type necessary? For costing reasons i changed both to t1.micro. I still could start the Remote Desktop, but i could not any longer reach the server via SAPGUI and starting the SAP HANA Studio i could not logon to the SAP HANA Database.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

You say " i changed both to t1.micro" i.e. both server and client instance.  T1.micro sufficient for server, no chance.  For AWS Hana Developer SPS07 rev.72 alone m2.4xlarge is now the recommended.

I tried to confirm recommended sizing for ABAP 7.4 with BW on Hana but couldnt, you saying m2.4xlarge was proposed on instance creation and didn't work when setting GUI?   An IP or port issue perhaps, did you follow the guide?

https://caldocs.hana.ondemand.com/caldocs/help/ABAP_74_SP5_HANA_SP7_DevEdition.pdf

Very much on rare occasion (3 or 4 times) I have had issues connecting to my hana server with Studio or pinging the XS engine, resolved with killing off the active spot instance and creating another.  I don't see how server as t1.micro will help you resolve any issues you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon-Paul,

thanks for your Info. The reason why i changed the Instance Type to t1.micro was cost wise.

Changed it back to the Initial Settings and was able to connect via Remote Desktop again.

The reason that i could not log on from my loacal SAP Hana Studio was, that i had to add an Inbound Rule with my IP Adress in the Security Group of the Amazon Server Instance.