Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with teradata connection

shailesh1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect to teradata using the application where we are using Java code to connect(Using JDBC datasource).

In the application we use excel sheet to upload the values. If i have 2 lineitems to upload, and when i try for the first time, error of not getting conneted to teradata will come for the first lineitem and the second lineitem values will be uploaded without any problem. there after if i try to upload, all the lineitmes will be uploaded to teradata without any fail. but the same issue will be seen if the application is kept idle and used after some time.

when i tried to check the error, it says, "SOCKET COMMUNICATION FAILURE".

when we checked teraddata logs, we found out that there are more nunber of ET than BT. so tried setting TMODE = ANSI in database URL. but still issue is triggering.

can anybody help on this issue.? its little urgent.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Is it related to Netwearver?

Thanks,

Hamendra

shailesh1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

yes. it is.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Could you please explain bit more, what exactly you trying to do.

Thanks,

Hamendra

shailesh1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

we want to upload values into teradata. passing of these values into the teradata is done by excel sheet using a application. problem arises when we upload. initially, we get connection error for all the lines. but if we try again, for first few lineitems the error will still trigger and remaining lineitems will get uploaded without any issue. once this stage is achieved, there after, all the lineitems are getting uploaded without any issue. this problem will again trigger if we keep the application idle (or i can say, dont connect to teradata) for some time.

in code we are closing all the connection once the values are uploaded. so there is no issue of open connection.

Thanks

Shailesh

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Sorry dear, not get anything on this.

Thanks,

Hamendra