cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call Provisioning Job from On-Demand Job.

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help.

I am using SAP IDM 7.2

Please tell me how to call provisioning Job from ON-Demand Job.

Regards,

C Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As everyone else has already mentioned, the uProvision function is probably what you're looking for. It's well documented in the helpfile so I won't add the parameter description here. A provisioning task can only be run on a mskey/taskid combination so you need to provide both to start the task. That means that you should have a global or job constant pointing to the task, and a script or source select statement that looks up the mskey that you want to start.

Simple example, using a To Generic pass to start the task "Dispatcher test #1.0.0" for 1000 entries whos names start with "USER.10K.TEEST"

Source:

To Generic pass destionation:

TASKID could also be a global constant w. a task reference since tasknames have no uniqueness.

Source SQL Statement:

select top 1000 mcmskey mskey,(select taskid from MXP_Tasks where TaskName = 'Dispatcher test #1.0.0') as taskid

from idmv_entry_simple where mcMskeyValue like 'USER.10KTEEST.%'

Destionation script:

// Main function: execT

function execT(Par){

mskey = Par.get("MSKEY");

taskid = Par.get("TASKID");

OutString = uProvision(mskey,taskid,0,0,"test dispatcer #1.0.0",0);

// uInfo(mskey+":"+taskid+":"+OutString);

return "";

}

Br,

Chris

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

many many Thanks Per,

Your example helped me a lot to solve this issue.

Thanks for your valuable time and help

Regards,

C Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can check my blog - http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-idm/blog/2013/03/29/how-to-call-a-job-from-a-provisioning-fra... and see if this can help you.

Kind regards,

Simona Lincheva

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Although i used the uprovision function to call the provisioning task from On-Demand Job, your blog also looks great regarding this.

One thing i want to task, which pass i should used in pass 2 and pass 3.

Regards,

C Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the functionality hasn't been trimmed down in the latest version uProvision is the right thing (and has been ever since).

Some examples:

• Using uRunJobNow and uProvision in combination makes it easy to use read passes "during provisioning" (however there is a far more advanced version for SAP ABAP provisioning)
  • Using own pending values which are evaluated in a nightly batch job and start a post processing, e.g. for reactivation purposes
  • Massimport: A batch job reads a file, sets data, does whatever needed and then fires your non-standard provisioning (meaning the Hook tasks) tasks (instead of a copied pass versions inside the massimport job). I think of modrdn as an example
  • Batch starting any kind of provisioning task, e.g. re-running failed request tasks (or even better: this can be used for non REST API UI's!)

And finally there is the possibility to use attribute events. Use some flag (sth like ISV_TRIGGER_ME_NOW), set it to the object desired and the task defined on the attribute starts. I guess that is the weakest solution, though.

Best regards

Dominik

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Domink,

I have used uProvision and its working.

Thanks for your valuable help.

Regards,

C Kumar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that you can.  I don't believe that uProvision works from a standard job.  What's your use case, maybe we can find another solution.

Matt

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matt,

there's a u-function, uStartJob or something, but not sure it worked with Java run-time.

Not sure neither whether the original poster meant workflow task with "provisioning job", that call should work with uProvision like you suggested or setting the task as an event task and writing value to that attribute in the "on demand job".

regards, Tero

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Matt,

by using uProvision you can call a Provisioning Job from on-demand Job.

I have used this function and its working fine.

Regards,

C Kumar