cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set mandatory Sales Organization field in VF04 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How set mandatory Sales Organization field in VF04 transaction.

Regards'

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As told above, simply Goto VF04 tcode save the variant through menu GOTO - Save Variant. In Variant attribute screen, make Sales Organization as Required  Field and save the variant by giving some name. Now, whenever you visit to VF04, just select this variant through GOTO menu and system will show the variant with Sales Org as mandatory field.

Hope you get some inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can try by using screen variant (SHD0), might be your issue get resolve.

Regards,

Caprin,,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following notes before going for any enhancement:-

• Note 528997 - VF04: authorization check for display variant maintenance
  • Note 1289523 - VF04: Authorization check for sales organization

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No abap need.

Tcode VF04: run it and create a variant (goto, variants, save as variant) where you set Sales Organization as required.

Tcode SE93: create ZVF04 tcode and select “transaction with variant”. In transaction field type VF04, in transaction variant field, the variant name you created.

Add ZVF04 tcode to favorites or SAP menu to start using it.

Regards,

JM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

joan mas

Did you try and check this in your system? I am asking this because I tried this and it didn't work. Please check in your system and update.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked first part (create a variant from VF04 and execute VF04 with variant created). Can't check second part (new transaction run with a variant) as per constrains in my system. Running a new tcode with a variant worked for me in the past.

Regards,

JM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't check second part (new transaction run with a variant) as per constrains in my system. Running a new tcode with a variant worked for me in the past.

Unfortunately it doesn't work here in VF04. Even if we create new transaction with VF04's program system doesn't allow to enter our customized variant. It only allows one standard variant and we cant make changes in that standard variant. After checking all these possibilities I suggested to go for ABAP

PS: This logic worked for me in past in other transactions but VF04's behaviour is quit different.

Thank$

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy the standard VF04 to new Z and ask ABAPer to make sales org as mandatory.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dear !!!

Is this not possible with configuration ?

Can we use user exit / BAdi to achieve this requirement.

Regrds'

Kumar

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its not possible through configuration but yes you can do it with some ABAP work. Ask your ABAPER to make a customize screen with all these fields. Make Sales Organization field mandatory and ask ABAPER to call VF04 transaction's program on execution of that Z screen and transaction. This is just a thought and I hope it will work.

Thank$

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is this not possible with configuration ?

No.

Can we use user exit / BAdi to achieve this requirement.

You can copy the existing program of VF04 and for the new Z program you make the changes as per your requirement. The same you can mention to ABAPer he will take care.

thanks,

Srinu.