cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't post Down payment error comes wbs element xxx is not a billing element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert's

i got an issue from Fi team when they try to post down payment request they are getting an error saying wbs element is not a billing element but the process is they are referring PO for down payment request po refer wbs

my doubt is y i have to make this wbs as a billing elemnt since it has a  financial implication

please rectify this error

\

screenshot attached

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check the Cost Element Category of the GL Used 361000, it should not be "11".

Hope it helps!

Thank you and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

u mean this paticular GL is assign to post billing element entries or what?? what is that category 11?

Thanks

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to transaction KA03.

Mention 361000. Go to Basic Data tab. Please note down the CElme. Category. And report back.

Also in the drop down you can see that CE category=11 (Revenue) would mandate WBS Element to be a Billing Element.

Thank you and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had some issue in down payments process that use WBS elements that are not defined as billing elements. I worked with our FI consultant & defined default cost element against our controlling area, for downpayments in OKEP to resole it.

please try it .

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

When i run KA03

it says cost element 361000 does not exit in controlling area 1000

What can i do for that?

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please attach the long text of the error to understand the detailed error?

Thank you and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you defined the concern WBS as billing element? If not then select under basic data tab of WBS.

And check again.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

For posting Down payment request with reference to a PO the WBS need not be a billing element. Follow what Varshal has mentioned. There seems to be an issue with the way your GL account is set up.

I would suggest you to get in touch with your FI guys and ask them to check this.