cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry: Set initial focus on list view element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an detail screen with some information fields and a list view. Now I want to have an initial focus on one specific element of the list view. Is this possible? I know you can do it with a list screen, but there I can not publish the information fields.

Hope you can give me a hint

Thanks

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You can place the focus on the List Tile View field in the "Detail Screen Definition" --> Initial Focus. Then, as I understood, you want to place the focus on a specific entry in the list and not the first one? I'm not sure this is possible as written in the SMP documentation:

The list tile view field edit type does not support the following general field attributes:

• Object/Transaction Property
  • Format
  • Field Style
  • Focused Field Style
  • Change Focus
  • Update Rule
  • Special Value

The list tile view data and style attributes set the basic behavior of the view, including how styles can be applied to the list tile view field.

Regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Denis for your advice. But I can also set the initial focus on the list view element but not on a specific row in this element. And as you say, it is not possible for list tile view too. I hoped there is a hack or trick to do so, like you can set the initial focus in the navigation action step to a list screen.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Guys,

No hack needed.  This is supported.  You can easily set the selected row.  Handle it with a List Selection action step in the navigate action.  Place this after the navigate step that takes you to the new screen containing the List Tile View.

The rule should be written like an include rule, so if you know a particular property value you are looking for, do it like this:

EQSTR

MyObject -> MyProperty

"Whatever"

MyObject is the object type displayed on the List Tile View.  This will find the row containing "Whatever" in MyProperty and select that row on the List Tile View.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jason,

that`s it. I didn`t see this step. But now for me it works

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

I have a requirement that we need to pre-select "Next Row".

But I find a problem that, it works fine for WorkOrders or Notifications Tile View List, however, it does not work on a TileViewList which points to a custom collection.

the problem happens both on wpf and ipad.

Kevin Hu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

As this thread is already marked completed, please open a new thread as your issue may be a different issue.  Please make sure to also give more information on what is currently configuration in your application and also add tags to the post so it can be found.

Stephen

Answers (0)