Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had this weird issue...Need help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this issue, where user was not able to apply leaves on HR portal, which he was able to apply in past.

We did our analysis and found some roles were end dated by background job.

We extended the validity of the roles which were end dated, but he was still not able to apply for leaves.

Then I was suggested to remove the roles of users and assign them back and it worked.

Not sure why and how it got resolved....need help in understanding what happened here

Any response will be highly appreciated

Regards

Anshul

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

My best guess: you extended the validity in PFCG without running the user comparison (PFUD). When re-assigning the roles you however did this in SU01, in which case user comparison is not necessary and the access is immediately available.

See the documentation on report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY in transaction PFUD. Unfortunately it is often neglected, even if rather basic knowledge - so I take the liberty of mentioning it again here.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for replying to the post Julius.

I forgot to mention in my question that we took care of user master comparsion, there were 4 roles which got end dated and when we extended the validity of those roles, we performed the master camparison as well.

0 Kudos

Then we can only speculate.

A possible speculation is buffering and some non-authorization attributes attached to the role, such as personalization keys. Some selects wait for the buffers to roll, others bypass buffering when selecting data which might have changed. This would mean that it was just timing that SU01 seemed to work, or SU01 triggered the bypassing of the buffer after the change but PFCG did not.

Anyway, as long as it worked in the end...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius